Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

On September 17, 2021, I had the privilege of seeing the love of my life, Harry Styles, perform for Love on Tour in Philadelphia. I kid you not, this will be one of those nights that becomes one of the best moments to share with fellow Harry stans and my best friends. I had bought these tickets two years ago pre-COVID and was waiting for this day ever since.

When I ordered these tickets, my life had fallen apart. I felt it as a junior in high school and the only thing I had looked forward to was first finishing school and being able to see Harry Styles after almost ten years. I was very lucky to see One Direction as a very young kid at the age of 9 or 10 at their first tour from very far seats. This became a long awaited event that my parents couldn’t begin to understand. It started off with picking an outfit. After leaving Rutgers, I had rushed home to wear a black bodycon dress paired with Jadon Chelsea Doc Martens boots, a Zara leather jacket, and a purple boa. This dress was inspired by the one and only song “Kiwi” and the infamous lyrics “in a black dress / she’s such an actress.”

After getting ready, me and my friend drove towards my friend’s house in Philly, grabbed a bite, and left for the concert. Soon, we got to the venue and reality started to kick in. We collectively decided to ditch the merch line, in the beginning of the concert and head to our seats. Prior, to the concert I was actually pretty afraid of what seats I had booked. The seats had looked as if they were facing the back for the entire concert, and my worries for seeing the back of Harry Styles were not too big but were increasing as Jenny Lewis started to sing.

Jenny Lewis rocked the night away and created positive energy before Harry’s arrival. One of the best parts of the night was “Olivia” playing before he came out. The whole crowd screamed the lyrics and the inner Directioner sprung out. When he started to perform, it was clear that he would be performing on all sides of the stage and we laughed and cried with him.

Harry’s fashion has definitely evolved from the “Frat Boy” phase to his newest phase of extravagant sets. Harry wore a pink button down, with blue trousers and a nice pair of suspenders. Through out the night, a few fans’ accessories made appearances on stage like the pink cowboy hat and the white boa. His “Fine Line” performance really had me tearing up to the point I just closed my eyes and took it all in. My life was complete when Harry Styles reverted to his young teen self belting out “What Makes You Beautiful.” He had the whole crowd dancing! Out of nowhere, Harry decided to pull three random Philadelphia facts, which I then found were the first suggestions when typed in Google.

Overall, I would review my concert experience as infinity out of 10! There was nothing more I could’ve asked for. His energy was immaculate and the love that was in the air truly brought more joy to the concert and to him. If this show told me anything, it reminded me that I am never growing out of my Harry Styles phase. This is definitely one of those nights you don’t forget!

Mihika Raman

Rutgers '25

Mihika Raman Freshman In College Majoring in Economics