This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Fall is upon us and what better way to get into the autumnal spirit than jazzing up your dorm room snacks? Here are some fan-favorite fall-themed snacks to get you excited for the new season.

Halloween-themed Pretzels

What’s better than regular pretzels? Halloween-themed pretzels in the shape of bats and cobwebs to spice up your dorm snack stash! As a personal lover of Halloween, I strive to deck out everything in my dorm by October 1st. Halloween-shaped candies and treats are an easy and tasty way to accessorize your snack bowl and get you excited for the spookiest night of the year. 

Pumpkin Ice Cream

Who doesn’t love an ice cream snack moment? Or dinner moment, maybe breakfast moment… we’re not judging! It seems like dorm fridges are just begging to be filled with pints of the world’s most addictive treat. When the leaves are falling, the pumpkins and apples are getting picked, and the sweaters are coming out of the closet, it’s time for those pints of ice cream to be pumpkin flavored! What better place to turn than Trader Joe’s for their Pumpkin Ice Cream? To quote Joe himself, dig into “a blend of warm, seasonal spices including nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and a hint of clove.” What’s not to love? So, win the world’s best roomie award and fill that fridge with Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Ice Cream!

Rice Cakes

If you’re looking for a bagel or toast alternative in a dorm where toasters are banned, rice cakes are definitely the best bet. They may have minimal flavor to them, but that makes the perfect foundation for yummy spreads to go with. Our favorite topping? It has to be peanut butter, Trader Joe’s cookie butter, or better yet their Fall-exclusive Cinnamon bun butter. They don’t require heating, they take forever to get stale, and they’re the perfect breakfast for those early Fall mornings when it’s just a tad too chilly to feel like going to the dining hall. 

Candy Corn

To candy corn or not to candy corn—that is the question. Love it or hate it, this controversial candy is a must-have for your dorm room. Personally, I’m a proud candy corn hater, but who can resist the candy’s cute fall colors? 

Pepperidge Farm Milano Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Of course, Milano chocolate cookies are good, but it’s even more delicious with a pinch of pumpkin spice. Have it with a cup of tea or coffee; it’ll make your day on a chilly day. These cookies are limited edition, so make sure to grab some before the fall season is over!

The best part of these fall-themed snacks? They will fit perfectly in your dorm room and fulfill all of your late-night snack needs. So run out to Trader Joe’s and grab them before they’re gone. You won’t regret it!

Sara Fajardo

Rutgers '25

Sara is a Sophomore at Rutgers University majoring in History and minoring in Spanish. She loves reading really long books and listening to podcasts on the bus. In her free time you can find her going out with friends and religiously watching the Real Housewives.
Lily Rudd is a freshman attending Rutgers University-New Brunswick. She is currently majoring in psychology. In her free time, she loves hanging out with friends, going to art museums, traveling, and taking pics with her disposable :)
Josie Estes

Rutgers '26

Josie is a freshman at Rutgers University, studying Art and Design. Besides writing and making art, she loves fashion, music, going to art museums and concerts, and her cats.
Shannon Huhn

Rutgers '26

Shannon Huhn is a freshman at Rutgers University. When not writing for HerCampus, you can find her listening to music, drinking oat milk lattes, and romanticizing life :)
Jennifer is a freshman this year attending Rutgers University. She is planning to major in Human Resource Management and possibly minoring in sociology. She is a boba enthusiast and enjoys meeting new people.