This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Meet Viktor Krapivin RUSA College Ave Senator, Scarlet Honor Counsel Member, and my housemate!

Q: Tell me how you got involved in RUSA?

A: My freshman year I decided I wanted to get involved and there were fall elections coming up, and I had a friend I convinced to run for RUSA with me. We ran for Livingston at Large and we ended up being only three people for five seats so we got elected to RUSA

Q: As a member of RUSA, how you feel like you’re contributing to the Rutgers community?

A: Well, I have to say one of the proudest moments of RUSA for me was when a group of five people, me included, coauthored a report on medical amnesty on relation to the Student Code of Conduct as well as the Drug and Alcohol Policy. Medical Amnesty is when an individual can call 911 for a medical emergency and not fear being prosecuted for consuming alcohol illegally. In fact, last Friday, it was decided that medical amnesty would be included in the Student Code of Conduct.

This year, I’m working to improve mental health services here on campus. I’m part of the Mental Health Task Force and we’re writing a report on similar issues related to mental health at Rutgers.

Q: Are you involved in anything else at Rutgers?

A:  Yes I am! I am a member of the Scarlet Honor Council, which is an organization that promotes the Rutgers Code of Conduct and makes sure that students understand why we have these policies of academic integrity. Additionally, I  am a member of Rutgers Student Commuter Organization to ensure that commuters feel welcome on campus.

Q: I see how busy you are every day with class, work, and your extracurricular activities. How do you stay so calm?

A: Well it’s tough. I tell people it’s like putting out fires every week. You got an assignment due today, so you have to throw enough water on it so it’s out and then move on to the next assignment. But you really can’t let it get to you. You have to know that you’re doing everything for the right reasons. Something I find really useful is meditating; it might sound cliché but meditating is very important for focusing and taking your mind off of things.

Q: If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

A: The ability to never be tired!

Q: Most importantly, where’s your favorite place to eat off campus?

A: It has to be Mamouns. It’s really great and I enjoy it a lot!