This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Meet Sarah Kelly, a transfer student who has decided to become involved with Greek life!

Why did you decide to become involved in Greek life? Greek life was the absolute last thing I thought I would be involved with in college. It had never appealed to me, but when I transferred to Rutgers, a friend I was with went to the Greek life tables, so I went with her out of curiosity. I found the organization I am pledging to through a friend on Facebook, so I decided to check out the organization and meet the members.

What sorority or coed fraternity are you considering to be apart of? Why? I rushed and am pledging Gamma Sigma because they are an all-inclusive, coed, interfaith fraternity. I was not sure it was for me, but when I attended the events during rush week, I knew I had met my people.

How do you prepare for a rush event? What outfits do you wear? I, personally, don’t prepare much other than with a nap beforehand. I also make sure my assignments for the next day are finished in case I get back late. In terms of outfits, I am a big proponent of leggings and a nicer shirt. I also always wear sneakers, in case there is standing involved.

Any particularly funny or memorable moments of your rush experience? For one of our events, it was game night, and watching everyone play “Just Dance” was one of the hardest laughs I’ve had in awhile. Also, watching one of the members attempt to play “Bodak Yellow” on an acoustic guitar.

Do you believe Greek life is suitable for all students? All students should consider rushing! Pledging, however, is a different story.  Pledging is very time consuming and can be intense for some people.  However, there is always the option to drop, but I do not think pledging to a fraternity or sorority is for everyone, especially if you have a number of other commitments that semester.

Born and raised in Northern New Jersey, Faith attends Rutgers University in New Brunswick, where she plans to major in Psychology and minor in Philosophy and Criminology.  Faith enjoys writing and traveling. She loves cats, books, and the color blue. In the future, Faith would like to attend law school.