This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Name: Carissa Claudio

Major: Biology

Clubs/Organizations: Honors College

Hometown: Clifton, NJ

1. Why did you pick Rutgers?

Honestly, I chose Rutgers because it was the University that offered me the most money out of all of the schools that I applied to. The financial aid that Rutgers provides for me really helps out with the financial situation back at home, which makes it easier for both my mother and I as I continue to pursue my education.

2.  How did you get involved in make-up? Are there any celebs that you admire or look up to when concerning make-up skills?

Well, I have a lot of makeup, so I had to use it. I found that I was not only pretty gifted in applying make-up, but I also truly enjoyed working with it as well. The celeb makeup artists that I really look up to are Desi Perkins and Carli Byble. They’re so talented and I learn so much from their Youtube videos.

3. Who has had the biggest influence on your life?

My mom has had the biggest influence on my life. Definitely my mom.

4. If you could, where would you travel to?

I love the beautiful, warm weather and the coasts of tropical islands, so I’d definitely love to travel to places like Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos Islands, and the Bahamas, if given the opportunity.

5. If you were to be any drink, what drink would you be?

If I were to be any drink, I would definitely be good ol’ coffee. It’s classic.

6. What’s your favorite hobby?

I don’t find more joy in life than looking at pictures of dogs on Instagram. I’m not exaggerating if I tell you that I can spend hours looking at cute puppies, they’re just so adorable.

7. Where can we learn more about you?

I’m currently working on an Instagram that focuses solely on my makeup looks. Follow me on @carissa.glow.

Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).
Hannah Javed

Rutgers '19

Senior Editor at Her Campus Rutgers with a love for salads, pizza and bright lights.