This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Name: Kori Warren

Year: 2019

Major: Planning and Public Policy

Minor: Environmental Studies and Sociology

Why are you majoring in Planning and Public Policy?

I’ve always had an interest in local governments and the environment. I really want to help towns and/or cities become more sustainable and accommodating to the needs of its citizens. When I found out about the Planning and Public Policy major, I knew it was a perfect fit for me.

What are you most involved in and what are some cool aspects about it?

I am a student athlete on Rutgers Women’s Rowing Team. My favorite part about it (besides my AMAZING teammates, of course) is being apart of something larger than myself. Coming to a school as massive as Rutgers, it is very easy to feel overwhelmed and even lost at times. Being a part of the Rutgers athletic family and the Big10 conference gives me a sense of pride and motivation to keep striving to be the best- performance-wise and academically.

Is there anything you’re particularly looking forward to this semester and why?

Spring break is definitely something I am looking forward to. This year, the team is traveling down to Clemson University for spring training in the nice sunny weather. Having two training sessions a day is very exhausting, but the memories and the bond we make as a team is definitely worth all the work that we put into every stroke. 

Do you have a roommate? What’s it like having a roommate?

I love my roommate! We have been best friends since freshman year of high school and I feel so blessed to have been able to share our college experience together. She’s very into the Jewish atmosphere at Rutgers which allows me to constantly be learning about a whole new culture. She also shares her snacks with me too, which is pretty awesome as well!   

Where’s your favorite place to eat at Rutgers?

My favorite place to eat at Rutgers is definitely Stuff Yer Face on Easton Ave. Their homemade Stromboli is absolutely delicious. My friends and I always choose to go to celebrate birthdays, accomplishments, and more which makes Stuff Yer Face an extra special place to eat.

Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).