Join She’s The First Rutgers’ First Annual Bake-Off!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

I am pretty sure that every Rutgers student has had encounters with other students who happen to be with organizations while we are walking to class talking about their cause and trying to pitch their ideas to us. I think on the behalf of the students who go to Rutgers University, you guys can agree with me that being hassled by organizations on our way to class can be annoying, especially when an assignment is due and the last person you want to see or even talk to is someone from an organization that wants you to come to their event or sign something. You know how people like to say, “Time is money”, well I like to say, “Grades are money.” If you want to do well in life, try your hardest in school and connect yourself with the right people who can help you achieve your goal. This particular organization is one of the few that students from other organizations will be sure to help with and get behind because a) it’s a great cause and b) looks great on your resume. So it’s a win-win situation if you ask me.

With that being said, Her Campus Rutgers is teaming up with an organization called She’s the First Rutgers, which is a chapter from the national organization called She’s the First. This non-profit organization helps sponsors girls’ educations in the developing world. With the help of this organization, Rutgers could fund a girl who may be in an unfortunate circumstance who has great potential to go places with the help of money we can raise for her.

Currently, She’s the First Rutgers is doing a bake-off with clubs and other organizations and the process to join is free, so don’t fret students; we DO NOT have to dish out money to register. The only money you would be spending is for cake mix, icing, and sprinkles if you want to get fancy and beat the competition! PLUS, prizes are involved- so come out and support this organization and the funding of a girl’s education in a developing country!

So if you want to do the bake off- register TODAY BY 11 PM!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qIelKOAcdMlR326kxBOtaUjEOrDVhmK8_QbOEgi4WYo/viewform

Plus, go on the Facebook page to scope them out! It’s a great organization that really does make a difference and I am glad to say that Her Campus Rutgers is backing this organization!

https://www.facebook.com/STFRutgers

Source:

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-prn2/c33.33.414.414/s160x160/1240339_215350935296854_969658063_n.jpg

Hey beauties reading this! :) My name is Alyssa and I am what my friends call a unicorn...if you don't know what that means, it means that I am an oddball and have lots of quirks about me! One of them is I find it weird I can hear people eat...yes I know its odd, hence why my friends call me a unicorn. I love fashion, news, and especially food. Another little fact about me...don't tell anyone (looks around the room frantically) I am secretly afraid of the dark! :O Hope you guys will love the articles I post for Her Campus Rutgers!