Style

Halloween Costumes for the Lazy College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Deciding on a Halloween costume can be one of the most stressful yet important decisions you’ll make during October (minus midterms of course). However, when choosing a costume it is vital that what you wear won’t break the bank or take too much time to assemble. Here are some easy costume ideas for the lazy college girl.

Kim Possible:

(Pinterest)

Kim Possible, our favorite shero from when we were a kid. We always longed to be able to live the life of a teenage spy, and now for one night you can! Transform yourself into this Kim Possible look because it’s easy and you may even have some of the supplies at home already!

What You’ll Need:

• Black crop top
  • Green pants
  • Combat boots or black shoes
  • Brown Belt
  • Gloves

That’s it! Becoming your favorite teenage spy is the perfect last-minute costume!

Alien:

(Pinterest)

Want an easy out-of-this world costume? An alien is a quick and easy costume for you and your girl gang this Halloween! Becoming an alien can be as creative as you make it as well as a super fun and unique costume to wear.

What You’ll Need:

• Metallic top
  • Metallic bottoms (whether it be leggings, spandex, or a skirt is your choice)
  • Alien Antenna
  • LOTS OF GLITTER

While constructing the picture perfect alien, you’ll have a lot of freedom to decide the minor details for yourself! You can use the glitter to accent your eyes and even add it to your lipstick!

Boxer:

(Pinterest)

Want to knock-out the competition with coolest costume? Dress up as a champion boxer, its quick and easy! This boxer costume certainly portrays some serious girl power vibes! Achieving this look is simple, so you can look completely bada** with little stress. You and your bff can go as a unstoppable duo!

What You’ll Need:

• A robe
  • Boxing gloves (Ask around because someone you know is bound to have a pair you can borrow!)
  • Sports Bra
  • Spandex

If you don’t feel comfortable wearing just a sports bra and spandex, you can swap them out for shorts and a t-shirt. We promise you will still knock-out the rest!

Zombie:

(Pinterest)

A zombie costume is a great way for bonding with friends because you can all make them together and go as a group of zombies. With this costume you’ll be able to have fun in destroying an oversized t-shirt and adding some food coloring to it!

What You’ll Need:

• Oversized white t-shirt
  • Black tights
  • Red Food Coloring
  • Dark Eye Shadow

This costume requires a few extra steps to make compared to the other costumes. First you will need to customize your “blood stained” shirt. You’ll need to cut up your shirt with scissors to give the impression that your shirt has been shredded by the rough life of being undead. Then, you will need to use the red food coloring to splatter onto the white, now tattered shirt. Next, you will take your black tights and make small tears into them and pull the material to make holes. As a finishing touch, you get to customize a smokey eye that will truly give you that undead vibe you need!

Vampire:

(Source)

Finally, the vampire. It’s a classic Halloween costume that will never go out of style. This costume is a great way to get the entire girl gang to team up to be the spookiest creatures of the night. This costume is simple and will take no time at all to make!

What You’ll Need:

• Black Outfit
  • Fake Blood/Red Food Coloring
  • Dark Makeup

For a spooky vampire queen look all you’ll need is to wear your favorite all black outfit and add a drop of “blood” to add that frightful finishing touch! Accent your bloody look with dark eyeliner, eyeshadow, and a dark lipstick color. You’ll be slaying all night long!

There you have it! Five easy Halloween costumes that you will be able to rock all night long! Happy Halloween from here at Her Campus Rutgers!!

Kate Dobbs

Rutgers '21

Kate Dobbs is currently a sophomore attending Rutgers University New Brunswick. She is currently majoring in History on a secondary education track with a specialization in Special Education and Public History. Additionally she is a spinning instructor at Rutgers University. She aspires to help her future students succeed and be set on a path of success. Instagram: katedobbs