emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Gifts That Would Make Your Mom Smile on Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Everyone has unique relationships with their parents, but what they say about a mother’s bond with her child is irrefutable. If you’re lucky enough to have one, let her know every day, as for the “designated” holiday, here are some gift ideas to help you out!

1. DIY Marbled Nail Polish Mugs

Try a super fun and easy DIY with just a mug and nail polish! DIY Marbled Nail Polish Mugs are so fun and addicting to make with any combination of colors and patterns. Bonus: You can get rid of all your old unused nail polish while you’re at it!

2.    Spa Indulgence 

All moms have at least one job (being a mom) and that job is seven days a week 24 hours a day. Safe to say, it has its ups & downs, so give her the gift of relaxation. If you’re strapped on a budget, consider Groupon deals, or one service. And, if you really need to tone it down further, prepare an at-home experience! 

3.    Gift Card to Favorite Store

While away, you may not know all the window shopping mom has done & what she has spotted, so take the guessing out of this equation with a catch-all solution of a gift card to her favorite store. Accompany it with a flower or sweet card to personalize it.​

4.    Flowers

For the mom who loves flowers as a staple for the home or Office, flowers are a wonderfully sweet gift. Nowadays, there are so many options too! Check out online deals for subscriptions, bundled deliveries, and the trending Forever roses!

5.    Helping Service

If you’ve got a busy go-go-go mom, perhaps getting errands done around the house is something she would like alleviated. Apart from doing your part, let a service like Taskrabbit or Amazon, take care of that. The wallet alternative? DIY

6.    Shows

Is your mom a die-hard fan of a day or night in the city for a show? Or has she always expressed curiosity? Treat her to the amazing experience of an upscale movie experience & get tickets to a Broadway or off-Broadway show. And pick something SHE would enjoy.

7.    Book

Is mom a bookworm? There’s no better option than a new book picked out with love, think about a message you’d like to send her and pick a book, write a dedication inside and you’re set.

My last tip, whatever you choose, even if it’s last-minute, do it with love and thoughtfulness. Accompany any gift with a handwritten note, a flower, or sweet to make it extra special.

Rebecca is a New Jersey native and current undergraduate public health student, living with Celiac Disease, autoimmune disorders, and food allergies. Cooking and health have always been her passion, which in June 2013, she transformed into her healthy food and recipe blog, Strength and Sunshine. Her goal is to show her readers how easy, delicious, and wholesome any restricted diet can be, without sacrificing taste, family favorites, or the simple pleasure of good food.
Valentina is a business student with an open mind for all things creative and innovative. She knows the real-life struggles but maintains an idealist view. She can easily be entertained on a spectrum of Gossip Girl to House of Cards with Portlandia in between.