This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Brower

While usually regarded as the worst dining hall, Brower has some amazing features. The soups are almost always amazing and make using a meal swipe totally worth it. The salad bar has the most options of any of the dining halls and the pizza bar is always great. The entrees are usually hit or miss, but Brower’s salmon is always a great choice. Brower also has the most options for cereal and ice cream, staples for any college diet.

Livingston Dining Commons

During rush hours (after certain classes end, like that 5-6:20pm or 10-11:40am class), the dining hall will be absolutely flooded with students, but if you have the time and the energy to find a table, it is a great time to stuff yourself for the day. If you’re in a rush, you can create a wrap, get some of the ready-made asian cuisine, grab pizza or pasta, and a salad and be good to go in a few minutes. If you have more time and come at a less crowded hour, definitely go to the pasta line or stir-fry line. One of my favorite features of this dining hall is the burger bar! You can create a customized-burger along with fries with chili, cheese, or both!

Neilson Dining Hall

Neilson is calm, well-stocked, and spacious. Located on the scenic Cook/Douglass campus, this dining hall is worth spending some time in. My favorite time to go to Neilson is during lunch. I love to spend large chunks of time there studying and doing work. For my fellow vegetarians/vegans out there, Neilson will hook you up. They have a specific vegetarian/vegan section that is always stocked with my favorite roasted red pepper hummus. Worth mentioning: they also have rice milk in juice box like packages. Who doesn’t love a milkbox? Very tasty and very handy.

Busch Dining Hall

The pasta bar and Mongolian grill are raved about all the time as well as the special bar here. On certain days, when the special bar has pierogies, make sure to snag one (or a hundred). Also with plenty of seating, it is a great place to have dinner with all your friends. #Famdin

A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.
Sophomore Linguistics major at Rutgers University. Probably currently eating oatmeal.
Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.