This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Fall is a great season to begin watching new shows and returning to old ones! As the leaves start to fall, bust out those snacks and start planning for this spectacular fall tv season!

*Warning: There may be spoilers in some of our previews, particularly for continuing shows.

The Good Doctor

Freddie Highmore (Bates Motel) stars as the young doctor Shaun Murphy who has both autism and savant syndrome. He moves from the quiet countryside to pursue a career at a prestigious hospital surgical unit, not without obstacles, saving and touching the lives of patients and challenging his skeptical colleagues.

Where: ABC

When: Mondays 10/9c

Grey’s Anatomy

Owen’s sister is alive, what? How could you not love Grey’s Anatomy? Shonda Rhimes is literally a genius and I am still trying to figure out how one person can be that creative. We are fourteen seasons into Grey’s Anatomy and it just gets better and better. Am I right? If you haven’t watched Grey’s Anatomy yet, then you definitely have to binge watch it on Netflix and catch up ASAP.  Spoiler Alert: Amelia’s life is about to change drastically and oh, Teddy is back. Yes, Teddy is back.  

Where: ABC

When: Thursdays 8/7c

Ten Days in the Valley

Emmy-winning actress Kyra Sedgwick stars as hardworking single mom and television producer Jane Saddler, who is in the middle of a separation. When her daughter goes missing in the middle of the night, her life is turned upside down. In a blink of an eye, her life has replicated the controversial police tv show that Kyra produces. Just like the show, everyone has a secret and everything is shrouded in mystery.

Where: ABC

When: Sundays 10/9c

Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders

Emmy and Golden-Globe winner Edie Falco (The SopranosNurse Jackie) stars in the eight-episode dramatization of the notorious murder case that shook all of America. Accused of murdering their parents in cold blood at their Beverly Hills home, the Menendez brothers were tried nationally on television for millions of Americans to witness, their story and trial immediately becoming a national obsession shrouded by mystery, intrigue, and shock.

Where: NBC

When: Tuesdays 10/9c

The Gifted

Taking place in the Marvel universe, a suburban couple is shocked and their plain, ordinary lives are changed forever when they discover their children wield amazing mutant powers. Forced to go into hiding from the government, they join an underground network of mutants in order to survive.

Where: Fox

When: Mondays 9/8c

Riverdale

Loosely based on the universe of the beloved Archie comics, Riverdale follows a group of friends- Archie Andrews, Veronica Lodge, Jughead Jones, and Betty Cooper and the mysteries that shroud their small, quiet town of Riverdale. High school isn’t the only source of drama in this town- everybody has a secret, including their parents. Season 2 will be introducing more characters from the comic universe, delve deeper into the identities of our main cast, give the supporting cast a lot more love, and will definitely have more secrets to reveal.

Where: The CW

When:  Wednesdays 8/7c

Alexis Martin

Rutgers '19

Blogger Babe + Owl Lover. Currently a senior at Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. Things I love more than HC... brunch, planning, the city, and of course Netflix! I also have a blog over at www.alexishoots.com! Go check it out if you loved this article!