This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Photo Source: Pexels

It seems summer weather lingered on far longer than we expected with temperatures around high 60s into October, the result? A short-lived relaxed Fall weather window. We are now in Fall/Winter territory. The past week has seen students bring out the gloves, hats, scarves, jackets, and of course sheepskin companions. Here is a round up of your Fall and Winter beauty essentials.

1. Hair oils are this season’s best friend for your lovely tresses. The dry, windy air will be sure to suck the moisture and life out of your hair so make sure you protect your strands not only against your heat fiends but the outside cold air too!

2. Your LIPS, those luscious havens of date night goodbyes, hot-chocolate sipping, and class participation points, deserve to be well taken care of. Alternate between scrubs, lip balms, and masks.

3. Your skin, you know the barrier that protects your body from EVERYTHING. Take good care this season with in-shower oils, exfoliating, and enriching creams.  

4. Speaking of skin, lips, and hair, what about your face, where they all come together? This is your moneymaker, your presentation, and identity. You’ll want to properly cleanse and moisturize with adequate exfoliation, masks, and barriers against this weather.

Valentina is a business student with an open mind for all things creative and innovative. She knows the real-life struggles but maintains an idealist view. She can easily be entertained on a spectrum of Gossip Girl to House of Cards with Portlandia in between.