Campus Recap: Float Away with Sigma K

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

The Rutgers chapter of Sigma Kappa held an ice cream fundraiser on Wednesday, November 6th at 46 Union Street in New Brunswick. They raised about $800 that night. All proceeds of the fundraiser went to the Sigma Kappa Foundation, which supports the Alzheimer’s Association, Inherit the Earth, and the Maine Sea Coast Mission.

Thomas Sweet in New Brunswick sponsored the event and donated multiple tubs of ice cream to the sorority. The sisters also sold waffles and floats along with the ice cream. All students, family, and friends were invited to the event. Customers were able to have as much as they wanted for a price of $5.

This fundraiser not only served as a charitable event, but also one to bring students, other Greek like members, and friends together over ice cream.

Josephine is a senior at Rutgers University, pursuing a major in Journalism & Media Studies and minors in Music and Entrepreneurship.  She is one of the Campus Correspondents of Her Campus Rutgers and the editor of the Campus Blog, Campus News, and Campus Celebrity sections.  Josephine is currently an intern at MTV 360 and has completed multiple internships related to broadcast media/media production in companies such as Rutgers Today, NBC News, and MSNBC.  After she graduates in spring 2014, Josephine hopes to work her way up in the television industry to eventually become a television producer.