Campus Cutie Update: Drew Borton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Name: Drew Borton

Major: Finance and Math

Class: 2018

Hometown: Cream Ridge, NJ

Reference Article: Almost 2 years ago!

How are you enjoying your time in the Business School? How has it helped you? What are your summer plans?

I’ve been enjoying it quite a bit. I really enjoy how within the Business School I get to learn about the fundamentals and theory underpinning finance while the courses I take in mathematics get to focus more on technical analysis, so it’s well-rounded.

In terms of summer plans, I’m going to be working at JP Morgan within Risk Management. I’m super excited for this opportunity and looking forward to the summer.

Do you have any idea what your dream job is now?

I would say it would probably a Chief Risk Officer role for with a bank or buy side firm. I was interning at a hedge fund last summer where I got a lot of really great exposure and worked directly with the Chief Risk Officer.

Are you still involved with RU Valuating? How is the organization doing?

I’m still very much involved with the organization! I give weekly lectures with more varied topics so at different lectures we have different types of students who come such as STEM students come for technical subjects and business school students come for fundamental subjects. You can find the organization at here on Facebook for our meetings and events!!

Has anything changed in the past two years? Any life lessons worth sharing?

Work life balance is important, it is harder to follow than it seems. Having a clear understanding of what you want and how the decisions you make will ultimately affect your ability to achieve your goals.

Now to some fun questions:

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

The ability to go without sleep. I would really like that if it was a superpower. I wouldn’t feel as bad about working all the time.

What’s your current favorite food to eat?

By far my favorite right now is medovik, which is a Russian honey cake. When I go into the city, there’s this restaurant called Mari Vanna that sells the best medovik around (along with the rest of their menu).

If you were exiled to a deserted island (so you have your basic necessities like food, water, and shelter) and could bring anything you could stuff into a backpack, what would you bring?

I’d like a set of miniature beach balls the size of a volleyball filled with lemonade. As many as I can carry that way I can lounge in style.

Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.