BTS’ Jimin Releases Debut Solo Album ‘Face’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

BTS is a seven-member Korean pop boy group that has made history and taken the world by storm in the past decade. The group consists of Jin, Suga, RM, J-Hope, Jimin, V, and Jungkook. Together they have won hundreds of music awards, received five Grammy nominations, and have performed many sold-out shows across the globe. They are also very involved in social activism including having a “Love Yourself” campaign and giving a speech at the United Nations to represent South Korea.

After the release of their most recent album Proof, the group officially announced they would be going on a hiatus. However, the boys are still keeping themselves busy during this time because this hiatus allows the members to pursue their own individual musical projects. It is currently Jimin’s time in the spotlight as he recently released his debut solo album, FACE, on Friday, March 24th, and I can definitely say it’s one of my top favorite albums released so far this year! The album contains six songs (as well as a secret 7th song that is only available on a physical CD of the album), with two of them having official music videos!

Fans celebrated the release of the album by streaming it on music platforms, watching the music videos, and sharing their excitement on social media. This response from fans was so powerful that after just five days of its release, FACE surpassed 100 million streams on Spotify, making it the fastest album by a Korean solo artist to hit this milestone!

With a release of a new album comes a lot of international promotion from the artist, such as interviews. On March 24th, Jimin appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon to discuss the album with Fallon as well as perform his title track “Like Crazy”, which was his first-ever solo performance! Of course, Jimin is known for his dancing, so as expected both he and his backup dancers did a beautiful job.

My favorite on the entire album would have to be “Set Me Free Pt.2”, but all of the songs are absolutely amazing so you should definitely give it a listen! As someone who has been a huge fan of BTS for years, it has been great to see the members work on their individual projects and develop even more outside of the group. I can’t wait to see more solo projects from Jimin and the other members in the future!

Emily Varner

Rutgers '26

Hi! My name's Emily Varner and I'm a class of 2026 student majoring in biomedical engineering and minoring in psychology at Rutgers University. In my free time, I love gaming, listening to music, and hanging with friends!