sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Have you heard of M.E.E.T? If not, M.E.E.T is the Mechanical Engineering Educational Task organization here at Rutgers University. February, as we know is Black History Month and M.E.E.T has decided to take that opportunity to create their own “Black Love Month”- a month full of team bonding, networking, and educational chit- chats. From February 5 to the 28, there will be a series of events that they will host. These events range from a Paint and Chill night to a Family Feud night. M.E.E.T is definitely having a fun-filled month. I definitely recommend you all stopping by if your free! Dates for the upcoming events are listed below.

M.E.E.T Beverly Boateng        

Beverly is only a Sophomore here at Rutgers University and is killing it; she’s the ultimate boss babe. Currently, she is majoring in Biomedical Engineering with the hopes of one day redesigning the rods used in scoliosis surgery. It was when she was in the 10th grade when she ultimately decided that this is what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. Being someone who has personally gone through scoliosis surgery, she knows first hand about not having the ability to do certain things after the completion of the surgery. Oftentimes, the rods used in scoliosis surgery are not flexible enough to help an individual twist, lift heavy objects, and so much more. As you can see, Beverly will be the face of the future and we are so happy she goes to Rutgers! If that’s not impressive enough, she also has future plans of working with other prosthetic body parts by studying under the rehabilitation engineering and biomechanics track that Rutgers offers under BME.

She is also the Secretary of MEET and with that comes many responsibilities. Some which include handling collaborations with other organizations on campus and maintaining both the MEET website and their social media pages. Beverly is also in charge of communicating with the NSBE chapter on the collegiate level but also on the regional and national level as well. NSBE stands for the National Society of Black Engineers. Her time on the e-board has brought her new friendships and amazing opportunities. When she became the Secretary of MEET back in February 2017 she just knew it was something she always wanted to do! A year later she says she has no regrets! We are so excited for Beverly’s  future and happy that she is a part of such an amazing organization here on campus.

I’ll be attending some of the events from MEET’s  “Black Love Month” and I hope to see you all there! It’s going to be a great time and a perfect addition to Black History Month.

Alexis Martin

Rutgers '19

Blogger Babe + Owl Lover. Currently a senior at Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. Things I love more than HC... brunch, planning, the city, and of course Netflix! I also have a blog over at www.alexishoots.com! Go check it out if you loved this article!