Best Places to Eat at Rutgers, New Brunswick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

There are many different on and off-campus places to eat at and around Rutgers University! Here are some of the popular places for meal swipes on-campus and other great dining options in New Brunswick. Give them a try!

On-campus spots that accept meal swipes:

• Henry’s Diner (Livingston campus): Need a break from the dining hall? After reopening in the Spring of 2022, Henry’s Diner has been a popular choice among students. It accepts meal swipes and offers delicious food and milkshakes. 
    • Cafe West (College Ave campus): Cafe West is a great place to grab a quick meal or snack on the go! Cafe West has a variety of different food choices from sandwiches, salads, soups, and more! They also offer different snacks like any other convenience store. Check out Cafe West located in the West Academic Building on College Ave!
    • Kilmer’s Market (Livingston Campus): Kilmer’s Market sells an assortment of sandwiches and snacks. If you are looking to eat a meal or stock up on snacks for your dorm, Kilmer’s market is an excellent choice. Seating is available just outside Kilmer’s Market at Livingston Plaza. 
    • Starbucks Truck (moves daily): Free Starbucks? Well…kind of, for students on meal plans! The Starbucks truck is a new and very popular addition to Rutgers! Students can use a meal swipe at the Starbucks truck to get their favorite drink and maybe a little snack! The Starbucks truck moves daily so that students on every campus have the opportunity to stop by and use a meal swipe. 

Restaurants that don’t accept meal swipes 

• Hansel ‘n Griddle: Hansel ‘n Griddle is a dine-in and takeout restaurant on Easton Avenue that has a vast menu of many different delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. The most popular breakfast food at Hansel ‘n Griddle is their pancakes. For lunch and dinner, they serve different wraps, salads, burgers, and other American cuisines. 
    • Krispy Pizza: Krispy Pizza is an iconic pizza place located at The Yard on College Ave! Krispy Pizza offers many different pizza toppings. Krispy Pizza is good spot to sit down for a bite to eat or to take to go. Next time you’re at The Yard, give it a try!
    • Edo Takeout: Edo Takeout is a Japanese restaurant on Easton Avenue that sells ramen, rolls, and a variety of bowls. Whether you prefer to dine in or take out, Edo is always a great choice.
        • HoneyGrow: HoneyGrow is known for its flavorful and healthy options. They offer a large selection of stir-fry and salads. Being conveniently located at the Yard, HoneyGrow is the perfect place to grab a meal before heading to class! 

Rutgers is home to a variety of conveniently located dining options that are perfect for any occasion. Next time you are wondering where to get dinner, check out these restaurants!

Tisya Shah

Rutgers '24

My name is Tisya Shah and I am a student at Rutgers University studying finance. My hobbies include creative writing, hiking, baking and photography.
          Shelby is a current junior at Rutgers University-New Brunswick Majoring in Journalism and Media Studies with a minor in Gender and Media & Sociology. Shelby enjoys reading and writing and all things wellness and beauty!