This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Best Christmas TV Episodes

Who doesn’t love a great Christmas episode from some of the best TV shows? Celebrate the holidays by revisiting these classic episodes, 

Mad Men – Season 4 Episode 2 “Christmas Comes But One Year”

(Source)

Sterling Cooper Draper Price decides to hold a Christmas party, which was originally planned to be a small gathering, but when Lee Garner Jr., an incredibly important and powerful customer to the currently struggling SCDP, invites himself, the team is forced to scramble to make this the best Christmas party possible. Don’s life is also becoming more chaotic as the company struggles to make ends meet with their new shiny office and smaller clientele.

Spongebob – Season 2 Episode 22 “Christmas Who?”

(Source)

Sandy teaches Spongebob about Christmas traditions. Spongebob gets so excited about Christmas he decides to get all of Bikini Bottom together to celebrate!

Everybody Hates Chris – Season 1 Episode 11 “Everybody Hates Christmas”

(Source)

Chris’s parents, Rochelle and Julius decide to tell Chris that there will be no Christmas gifts this year because they need to replace the water heater. It’s a shame because Chris really wanted a Walkman that year. Drew also tells Tonya that Santa isn’t real, which causes her to question the other things her parents have told her.

Black Mirror – Episode 7 “White Christmas”

(Source)

In Black Mirror’s only TV special, Matt and Joe are stuck in a snowed-in cabin in the remote wilderness. The two decide to pass time by reflecting on their pasts, which eventually leads to how they ended up in the cabin in the first place. There’s a lot of Christmas spirit in this one, but like every Black Mirror episode, there’s quite the twist!

How I Met Your Mother “How Lily Stole Christmas”

(Source)

Find yourself easily wrapped up in this hilarious Christmas special of How I Met Your Mother “How Lily Stole Christmas”. The gang, Ted, Marshall, Lily, Robin, and Barney, all have an adventurous Christmas in this episode. Lilly decides to put a halt on all Christmas when she discovers that Ted used inappropriate language to address her while she and Marshall were broken up. The animosity between Ted and Lilly creates tension while Robin helps Barney recover from a devastating cold.

Family Guy “A very special Family Guy Freakin’ Christmas”

(source)

Can the Griffins really have anything but a special freakin’ Christmas? Of course not! Join the Griffin family as their Christmas is far from perfect. Stewie is afraid of encountering the fat man in a suit who maintains constant surveillance of children. Lois, however, has further anxiety when Peter accidentally donates all of the family’s Christmas presents to Toys for Toddlers. This episode is sure to keep you entertained as you watch the turn of events which transform the Griffins’ disastrous Christmas into a special one.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air “Christmas Show”

(Source)

An iconic episode which features the Banks on a holiday trip to Utah and the kids left on their own while the adults head out for a Christmas party. Following the cliches of television, this scenario could only lead to trouble. Indulge yourself in this classic episode of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and watch as the Banks discover the true meaning of Christmas. An episode that is sure to warm your hearts and keep you laughing.

Mickey Mouse Once Upon A Christmas

(Source)

This wonderful, heart-wrenching Christmas special is sure to make you shed a tree. Join Mickey and Minnie on their Christmas journey as they search for presents for each other, even if it means sacrificing their most prized possession. This short animated film endorses one of the most powerful messages of Christmas. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the consumerism of Christmas shopping that we overlook the person we are actually getting the gift for.

The Office-Season 2, Episode 10 “Christmas Party”

(Source)

In this Christmas themed episode from the Office, the office staffers decide to have a “Secret Santa” gift exchange at their Christmas Party. During the swap, Michael Scott introduces the “Yankee Swap” in which people can choose to steal and swap their items with others. The episode is sure to put you in a good mood this holiday season!

Friends- Season 7, Episode 10 “The One with the Holiday Armadillo”

(Source)

Ross is known for doing a lot of weird things during the course of the show but this one has to be one of the weirdest (and funniest!) things he’s done. In this Christmas themed episode, Ross decides to be a (holiday) armadillo as the store runs out of Santa costumes to teach his son, Ben about the importance of Hanukkah. Meanwhile, Phoebe spends this episode giving Joey ridiculous gifts meant to drive Rachel away from his apartment and back into Phoebe’s. It’s a funny yet realistic Christmas episode.

Aarushi is a sophomore at Rutgers University majoring in Business Analytics and minoring in Spanish. If she's not studying (or writing for HerCampus!) she's probably sleeping or watching Netflix! 
Hannah Javed

Rutgers '19

Senior Editor at Her Campus Rutgers with a love for salads, pizza and bright lights.
Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).