This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

The holidays are quickly approaching, which can only mean one thing: the pressure is on. Finding the perfect gift can be challenging, especially if you have a deadline looming over you. Plus, if you’re a beauty fanatic like me, you’ll want to choose the best skincare and makeup products that won’t put a huge dent in your wallet. Whether it’s finding a gift for secret santa or aiming to get the ultimate white elephant gift in your friend group, there are the best ~affordable~ beauty gifts (under $20!) that are sure to be a hit at your next holiday party.

KYLIE COSMETICS Mini Liquid Lipsticks Set

If you have a friend who’s been dying to try Kylie Jenner’s liquid lipsticks but isn’t sure if they are worth the hype, then this gift is perfect for them. It contains two mini liquid lipsticks in shades Candy K Matte and Charm Velvet so you can test out two different shades as opposed to just one. If you were unaware that KYLIE COSMETICS even sold mini liquid lipsticks, that’s because they don’t! This item is exclusively sold at Ulta for only $12. As someone who owns many KYLIE COSMETICS liquid lipsticks, this set is a high quality bang-for-your-buck that you cannot pass up.Your friends will thank you later.

Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple 3 Piece Set

If you have a friend who is not too into makeup, skincare may be the way to go. Allow me to do the work for you and recommend this Purity 3 piece set by Philosophy for the ultimate cleansing and moisturizing duo. Also an Ulta exclusive, this set includes a facial cleanser, 15-count facial cleansing cloths, and a moisturizer to top it off. Originally a $40 value, this set is selling for only $20 at ulta and is the perfect cleansing trio for on the go moments. You really can’t go wrong with gifting this cute little skincare set!

ColourPop Disney Frozen Elsa/Anna Shadow Palette

Two words: Frozen. Makeup. The moment we’ve all been waiting for is finally upon us, courtesy of ColourPop. The Anna and Elsa eyeshadow palettes have arrived shortly after the release of Frozen 2, and they both perfectly encompass the best aspects of each character. The Anna palette comes with a combination of shimmery and matte berry colors with names like “Warm Hugs” and “Autumn Breeze.” The Elsa palette contains icy shades, of course, with colors called “Flurry” and “Ice Crystals.” Each palette is priced at $15 at ulta and would be the ultimate gift for any Frozen fanatic!

Versace Bright Crystal and Dylan Blue Pour Femme Mini Coffret

I know what you’re thinking. Versace? There’s no way I can afford that! Well, think again, because Sephora is selling two mini samples of Versace’s scents “Bright Crystal” and “Dylan Blue” for only $18. This is a great gift for someone who enjoys luxury items and has never tried Versace perfume before. It gives the perfect amount of product at a reasonable price that is sure to be a secret santa hit. And remember, though they may be mini bottles, a little will always go a long way!

Fresh Enchanted Essentials Gift Set

Last but not least, another skincare gift under $20 that you can’t go wrong with is the Fresh Enchanted Essentials Gift Set. The set includes their Soy Face Cleanser and their Advanced Therapy Sugar Lip Treatment and is priced at only $19.50 at Sephora. While I have not tried this particular set before, I have tried two Fresh face masks and noticed significant improvements in my skin’s complexion after two weeks of using it. Fresh products are known to be great for the skin no matter what product it is, so this gift would be great for someone who is serious about their skincare regimen.

There you have it, the ultimate beauty gift guide for under $20! You won’t have to break the bank to give your friends or family a meaningful beauty or skincare gift that they will love. And remember, these are only a few great options to choose from – the world of Ulta and Sephora awaits!

Natalia recently transferred into RU as a sophomore and is on her way towards earning a degree in Journalism and Media Studies. She loves to write about anything fashion, beauty, or lifestyle, but she is also intrigued by the social media side of it all. Apart from writing you can always find her snuggled up with her kittens having a Twilight Saga marathon, or lounging in the cutest coffee shop with a good book.
Alishbah Arsalan is a graduating senior at Rutgers University majoring in Health Administration and minoring in Human Resource Management.