clarke sanders ybPJ47PMT M unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clarke sanders ybPJ47PMT M unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Shopping during back to school season is the perfect opportunity to spice up your closet, experiment with some fresh pieces and show off your new style! Here are some trendy new looks you can incorporate into your wardrobe this back to school season.

Leopard Print

You don’t have to be a Cheetah girl to sport some leopard print. Pair basic jeans and a white shirt with some leopard print shoes for a pop. If you’re feeling brave, try this leopard print top with some classic black jeans for a classy yet eye-catching ensemble.

Plaid Two-Piece

One of the most iconic fall prints is plaid. You can never go wrong with an all-over plaid outfit whether you are going to class or working on professional tasks. This plaid tweed twopiece is the perfect fall outfit to rock on campus this back to school season.

Striped Jumpsuit

An easy way to look great in a rush is to throw on a jumpsuit. Jumpsuits are the perfect one-and-done outfit choice that looks stylish and is wearable on almost any day. This striped jumpsuit is the perfect example of something that can be worn as casual daily wear, but throw on a blazer and it turns into a professional look sure to leave a great first impression.

Turtlenecks

A simple but super-stylish outfit for back to school is a long sleeve turtleneck with a pair of distressed or high-waisted jeans. You can even experiment with some color or prints. Accessorize with some necklaces, a stylish belt and your favorite black boots.

Restyled Summer Dresses

The perfect way to put those summer dresses to use is to pair them over a t-shirt or sweater to stay warm as the weather starts to get colder. Throw on a cute pair of knee-high boots or chunky sneakers to complete the outfit.

Trench Coat

A back to school haul is incomplete without a cute overcoat. This year, try a trench coat that will turn even the most lazy-day outfits into something fashionable. Even if you’re bumming out in leggings and a graphic tee, you can throw on your trench coat and instantly look put-together.

Oversized Sweaters

A simple back to school outfit to throw together even on days when you’re rushing to get ready in the morning is an oversized sweater and a skirt, or a pair of jeans. Pair your outfit with some cute boots and you’re all set to slay your day. 

Cropped Jean Jacket

A great fashion staple to have is a jean jacket which can be paired with almost any outfit, and try a cropped one to be even more fashion forward. Wear a t-shirt and some boyfriend jeans during the day and throw on your jean jacket when it starts to get chilly after those evening study sessions.

Back to school season is all about coming back strong after that long summer. Show off your new style while preparing for a new semester filled with new opportunities for learning and exploring your interests. It’s time to start studying in style!

(GIPHY)

Aishwarya Sridhar is a senior at Rutgers University majoring in Cell Biology & Neuroscience and double minoring in Psychology and Health & Society. You can usually find her studying in a library or curled up on her favorite couch with a cup of coffee and a good book.
Cassidy hails from Delaware County, Pennsylvania and is an undergraduate Journalism and Media Studies major and Psychology minor at Rutgers University with a passion for telling stories. She is the current Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Rutgers.