This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Just because you’re single this Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you can’t still celebrate the day! It’s a holiday about love, so whether you are celebrating self-love, love for your friends, family, or a furry friend, feel welcome to celebrate!

1. If you and your gal pals are feeling a group celebration look no further than your cliché and easy option of a cheesy movie and yummy snacks. Treat yourself to the movie theatre experience with the newest 50 Shades of Grey, out now!

Source

2. If you have a more DIY spirit, you can host a brunch for you and your friends!

3. All you need are an egg dish, some form of potatoes, and a pastry item.

4. Frittatas are simple and delicious. All you need are eggs and then you can put in whatever you’d like! Cheese, veggies, breakfast meats, the options are endless.

5. Breakfast potatoes just need spices and oil, and are also easily made in the oven! You can also buy tubes of cinnamon rolls and just put in the oven or make some biscuits!

Source  

6. You can buy juices or make smoothies by buying frozen fruit ahead of time and blending them day of.

Source

7. There’s always booking a table at a nice restaurant for you and your friends if you all are feeling up to it. You could also look around your location for fun activities such as ice skating, roller blading, paint & sip, thrift shops, or a spa! Check out and support local areas.

Source

8. A spa day can be highly satisfying especially on this day. It’s your chance to show yourself some self-love and give in to the comfort of home-made soaps and scrubs followed up by some mani & pedis. All you need is a bucket of warm water and epsom salt or foot scrub to relax. Here’s a couple quick recipes and tricks to help make your day better:

Source

9. Another quick tip for enjoying the day is by sending yourself small gifts. Set aside a couple bucks this month and spend it on small online gifts that make you happy. You might have wanted a new phone case for a while now or a small new perfume scent after getting tired of the old one, well, this is your chance to go online and buy it. You can order the item a couple days in advance so it arrives on time for the special day!

Source

Happy Galentine’s Day!

Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.
Valentina is a business student with an open mind for all things creative and innovative. She knows the real-life struggles but maintains an idealist view. She can easily be entertained on a spectrum of Gossip Girl to House of Cards with Portlandia in between.
Zeal is for zealousness and that's what I'm all about. I enjoy going to events around campus, socializing, and friday nights. I am a gemini and my personality reflects both the extremes - some days you will find me under my blanket and the other I'll be marching down all the streets of campus. Can't wait to write more articles and meet you all through HerCampus! :)