Wellness

7 Lucky Ladyboss Quotes to Inspire Your Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

There are three things that every single person experiences; we are all born, we all die, and if you are a college student, you go through the stresses of finals week. To say that the virtual semester was challenging is a grave understatement. No matter how hard it was though, you have finally made it through to the end with one more week of classes and two weeks of finals to go. In case you are beginning to question if you need to take an optional final exam, or complete that last assignment to the best of your ability, here are some wise words from some ladybosses to help push you through and do your best. While some of these may not particularly be about academics or school at all, they can all be applied to your current situation.

“I was smart enough to go through any door that opened.” – Joan Rivers

Yes you are! You’ve made it this far into the school year!

“Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyonce Knowles Carter

Power is not, and good grades definitely are not either. Go in there and snatch that A+!

“Done is better than perfect.” – Sheryl Sandberg

No matter what, see things through till the end. It is always great to strive for the highest grades, but it is also more important to get to the finish line than win the race.

“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel

Remember this when it comes to those more creative research assignments and essays. Your professor reads at least 20 of them (that is a generously low number too). Make sure you are standing out in all your essays and doing original work.

“Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper.” – Julia Child

This goes out to fellow drama queens who have multiple nervous breakdowns during finals week (like me). Remember it is important and healthy to express your emotions—no matter how you choose to do so. As long as you are not hurting yourself or others!

“If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton

This goes out to all those who second guess themselves during finals week. Pro tip: when doing a research project or a report of any kind, make sure you enjoy the work you are doing and the angle you are taking. If not, just change it to make it something you do like. You want to avoid writing a 15-page biology paper on a topic that does not even remotely interest you!

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.”- Helen Keller

Be positive; this is extremely important. Your absolute best is never a failure, and if you are trying you are already doing what you are supposed to. Do not automatically shut yourself off to getting a good grade in a hard class, if you are optimistic and confident you will succeed.

Julia Fuchs

Rutgers '22

Julia is a senior at Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences. Academically, she is interested in Egyptian archaeology and art history. Outside of classes Julia loves fashion, coffee, art, music and is a dedicated feminist! Her Campus is a way for her to combine all of her interests in a journalistic setting, and an organization she loves being a part of!
Sam F

Rutgers '21