5 Studying Tips to Ace Your Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Studying for finals is never fun but check out these tips to help you study more effectively and hopefully with less stress!

Make a study schedule

Set a schedule so you feel like you’re getting things done. Setting small goals throughout the day or week will help you keep moving forward with your studying.

Say things out loud

While this isn’t best to try in a library, saying things out loud can help you make sure you’re actually reading the material instead of just skimming over it.

Teach someone else

The best way to really learn something is to teach it to someone else. Get a study group together or explain it to your roommate while they do something else.

Take regular study breaks

You can try things like the Pomodoro method which schedules a five or ten minute break after twenty-five minutes of studying. Every time you take a break make sure you stand up too!

Get some sleep before your exam

You might think it’s worth it to stay up all night cramming material but it doesn’t help as much as you think. Even if you get just a few hours of sleep it can help you remember the material better and make you more alert.

No matter how you choose to study, good luck on exams!

All images from Giphy.com

A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.