This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Podcasts have quickly become one of the most popular media formats. There are 2.4 million podcasts to choose from according to DemandSage. With such vast variety, you should listen to what inspires you, teaches you something, or just wildly entertains you! This list contains 5 podcasts hosted by girlbosses that will definitely empower you and check all of your feminist boxes. 

Gals on the go with Brooke Miccio and Danielle Carolan

Gals on the Go is a lifestyle podcast hosted by influencers Danielle Carolan and Brooke Miccio. Brooke and Danielle attended the University of Georgia together where they started recording Gals on the Go in 2018. These girlbosses discuss everything from navigating your 20s to work-life balance to how to market yourself in the digital age. They have released episodes such as “friendships in your 20’s, how to feel HOT + sleepovers in a relationship,” and “how we make money on social media!.” Their aim is to lift the glamorous social media veil and provide listeners with authentic, raw advice. Brooke and Danielle release new episodes every Wednesday anywhere you get your podcasts. 

miss congeniality with eli rallo

TikToker Eli Rallo (@thejarr) has translated the hilarity and sarcasm of her videos into her podcast, Miss Congeniality. Starting in 2020, Eli talks candidly about mental health, body image, and sex through the lenses of female empowerment and self-love. Her content is bound to boost your confidence and help you to realize your worth. Episodes include “EFF LIKE A MAN ~ the sexy time episode,” “Elevate THIS GIRL instead of becoming THAT GIRL,” and “You’re too smart not to love yourself, with Alexis Barber”. Eli is also currently writing her first book which will be released in 2023. Listen to Miss Congeniality anywhere you get your podcasts. 

Girlboss Radio with Avery Francis

Girlboss Radio’s mission is to “help women achieve success on their own terms.” This empowering podcast was started in 2015 by Sophia Amoruso, the founder of the clothing store, Nasty Gal. The torch has since been passed to host Avery Francis, an HR thought leader at Bloom who aims to accomplish diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The girlbosess who are interviewed, including CEOs, lawyers, and artists, have successfully built their own businesses and want to inspire other girls to hone in on their entrepreneurial power. Hearing the stories of these incredible women will definitely inspire your creativity, motivate you to reach your potential, and ensure that you ignore the haters and carve your own path to success! Listen to Girlboss Radio anywhere you get your podcasts.

Financial Feminist with Tori Dunlap

Every Monday, join money expert Tori Dunlap on Financial Feminist as she “guides you on how to make more, spend less, and feel financially confident in a world run by rich white men.” Every Tuesday and Thursday, you’ll learn financial literacy, how to save, and how to invest. Episodes include “How to Negotiate Workplace Benefits,” “Unlearning Self-Sacrifice for Women with Tiffany Dufu,” and “How I Saved $100K at 25.” Dunlap aims to teach women how to be financially literate and stable in a patriarchal society, confronting the belief that men should act as the sole financial provider for their families. Listen to Financial Feminist anywhere you get your podcasts. 

Fridays at Five with Chelsea and Grace

Fridays at Five is hosted by Chelsea, a nurse and Grace, a lawyer. The girlboss duo discusses how to balance a professional work life while living life to the fullest in your 20s and 30s. They also delve into pop culture, fashion, lifestyle, and burnout. Their episodes often cover all of these grounds and are wildly entertaining. Episodes include “Your Labor & Delivery Questions Answered, What’s the Deal With Celeb Skin Care, Just Wait Pregnancy Comments” and “Maintaining a Friendship When we Work Full Time Jobs, The Simple Life, and Why Addison is Grace’s New Favorite.” Fridays at Five is the perfect podcast to listen to after a long week of hard work and very relatable to any girlboss making their way in the medical and law field. Listen to Fridays at Five anywhere you get your podcasts.

Emily Ranieri

Rutgers '24

Emily is a senior majoring in Journalism and Media Studies. She loves reading, movies, art, and music.