The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

The best way to immerse yourself in the cozy joys of autumn is to come prepared with the essentials, and luckily, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a list curated just for you to enjoy the fruits of the fall. And, stay tuned; there’s a special treat at the end!

1. Leather Jacket

Leather jackets are an essential in every closet. Throw one on over any outfit, and it completes the look while keeping you fashionably warm. However, the hunt for the perfect leather jacket has been a lifelong journey for many of us. Well — hunt no longer.

The classic Fall staple — it’s a necessity!

MUSINSA BOUTIQUE offers a plethora of Korean brands, many of which carry both the trendiest and timeless leather jackets you can imagine. From vegan leather to traditional leather, affordable to high-end, MUSINSA offers it all. If you are into Asian fashion, or you are looking for a leather jacket that will last you farther than this fall, check out their products on their website or their global app.

2. MaxW Earmuffs – Ugg Earmuffs Amazon Dupe

It’s beyond irritating when you’re out on the town or on the go to class and your ears start aching from the brisk air. Fall weather is gorgeous but in Jersey, you need thick skin.

That’s why we think it’s time to find the perfect Fall accessory – something that doesn’t just look cute but also doubles as stylish armor for your ears. That’s when we realized, it’s time to invest in a good pair of earmuffs. Lo and behold, this Godsend of a dupe we kept seeing on TikTok fell right into our lap.

It turns out, for $29.00, you can get a similar look to the viral Ugg Earmuffs on Amazon by a company called MaxW. MaxW specializes in all kinds of fall/winter wear, not to mention these earmuffs are just the right fall accessory we’ve been looking for!

3. Eye Cream: Origins Ginzing Refreshing Vitamin C & Niacinamide Eye Cream

We don’t know about you, but the brittle weather can have your skin peeling like a snake’s, especially around the eye area. The Origins GinZing™ Vitamin C & Niacinamide Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff seriously restores skin with its hydrating properties. Personally, not only has our skin been dry, but midterm season has us waking up to dark circles and puffy eyes that accurately reflect the lack of sleep we’ve been getting.

One pea-sized drop from this to achieve that dewy look<3

This buttery eye cream effectively brightens and depuffs, as its name suggests, with key ingredients like vitamin C, niacinamide, ginseng, and caffeine from coffee beans. The product is offered in two shades, as it instantly brightens your under eyes in no time! You can find this on the Origins website, Ulta, and Sephora.

4. Candles: Trader Joe’s Honeycrisp Apple and JOANN’s Honey Butter Pumpkin

Never underestimate the power of a cozy candle. This fall, we’re all about surrounding yourself with good vibes and positivity. Lighting your favorite scent when you’re reading some fall books or relaxing with a face mask can provide undeniable comfort and serenity.

We’re not kidding when we say JOANN’s and Trader Joe’s carry THE finest scents for the season of autumn. Here are our favorite picks from each brand: Honeycrisp Apple from TJ’s and Honey Butter Pumpkin from JOANN’s!

These delicious candle options are perfect to indulge in this season. They will last way longer, and get you in the mood for productive study seshes, unwinding on cool autumn nights, or movie dates with your boo. Don’t get it twisted- splurging on $5 candles at Target is an easy biweekly ritual, but those candles hardly last you the month.

5. Trader Joe’s Fall Hits

Last but definitely not least, we’ve compiled a special mini-list of some Trader Joe’s Fall-edition items we can’t live without!

For our marshmallow/s’mores lovers: Your culinary endeavor awaits!

Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese

Mini Maple Marshmallows

• Without a doubt, the cutest little addition to your hot chocolate, or better yet, serve for a Movie Night s’mores dip for you and your friends!

Pumpkin Spice Granola Bark

• For pumpkin lovers, we’ve seen this granola bark everywhere and the verdict is in – it’s fantastic! Paired with dark chocolate and topped with toasted pumpkin seeds, this sticky little treat will be your best friend on the go or even crumbled up in a yogurt bowl.

With these 5 Fall essentials on hand, you’ll be able to carry on with a smile, no matter what comes your way.

Pooja Hanagandi is a senior attending Rutgers University-New Brunswick. She is a Journalism and Media Studies major with a minor in Labor Studies. She's always binging a TV show or movie, and knows all the best ramen spots.
Audrey Wang

Rutgers '27

Audrey is a freshman at Rutgers University studying marketing. She is passionate about dance, literature, and all things beauty.