Life > Experiences

5 Rutgers events to look forward to in the Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

The spring semester can feel like such a daze: the bone-chilling cold, the gloomy weather, the burn-out from last semester that has not quite faded away. Yet, here we are thrown into the whirlwind of a new semester all over again. It can seem bleak and all-consuming, especially if you feel like there is nothing to look forward to.

Lucky for us, Rutgers hosts tons of fun and exciting events that you can look forward to in the glum transition of bitter cold to sweet warmth. Here are 5 upcoming events at Rutgers you can look forward to this semester that may just make the spring semester a little more bearable.

Rutgers Dance Marathon (RUDM)

If you, like me, entered Rutgers during or right after COVID, you probably have no idea what I’m talking about. Well, the Rutgers Dance Marathon (famously known as RUDM) is a cherished occasion here at Rutgers NB. Celebrated for years, this charity event is thrown in support of the Embrace Kids Foundation. Hundred’s of students and organisations across campus volunteer to participate in this fundraising event, filled with music and dance, that is known as the ‘largest philanthropy event in New Jersey.”

This particular event is even more special, as this year is its 25th anniversary! This year’s RUDM will be held on April 1 at the Jersey Mike’s Arena, so don’t miss it!

Be sure to follow their account on instagram to keep up with all of the exciting updates: @rudancemarathon

rUTGER’S day

Rutger’s Day is exactly what the name says it is: all things Rutgers! Taking place on the College Avenue, Busch, and Cook/Douglass Campuses, this event will be filled with exhibits, activities, and booths for you to enjoy and feel immersed in RU culture. It’s also open to friends and families, so invite your parents, siblings, cousins, and hometown pals!

This year’s Rutger’s Day will be on Saturday, April 29, from 10am to 4pm.

Check out their website to keep up with all the updates for the upcoming event!

sPRING FOOTBALL GAME

If you didn’t get to attend as many of the 2022 season’s football games as you wanted to and were bummed about it, don’t worry! The Rutgers Football Team will be playing a Spring Football Game, set to take place on Saturday, April 29 (in association with Rutgers day) at 3pm in SHI stadium.

Pregame festivities include rides, games and food at The Rutgers Boardwalk. For more information about the game and updates about it, follow their instagram!

mIDKNIGHT bREAKFAST

Ok, guilty as charged: this is not a Spring exclusive event. Yet, it doesn’t make it any less exciting though! This is probably my personal favorite event on the list, because who doesn’t love late night breakfasts with your friends in the midst of finals season breakdowns?

The MidKnight breakfast takes place in all four dining halls across campus, and while there is not currently an official date set for it, it typically occurs from 11:30 pm to 1:30 am. Gather your friends, study for finals, and when you’ve had enough of memorizing all the content you should have been studying nights ago, finish the night with some yummy food!

Pro Tip: Wear a ridiculous outfit to really maximize the fun.

Check out and follow @rutgersdining on instagram to be the first to know the official date for this semesters MidKnight breakfast.

hER campus x femlib rutgers fundraising event

Tap into your philanthropic side at the Her Campus x Femlib Fundraising event!

Join us on Monday, March 20th in crafting jewelry that we’ll sell to raise funds for a women’s reproductive health charity. The event will take place at the College Avenue Student Center, room 411AB! Come along, bring some friends, and prepare to get crafting for a good cause! In fact, if you make something phenomenal, feel free to buy it for yourself. That’s what I call self-care!

Keep up with @hcrutgers and the amazing @femlibrutgers for more information about the event.

Pro Tip: Her Campus throws amazing events throughout the semester that you have to see to believe, so get a head start on the fun by joining us every Monday, 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm at CASC 411AB.

Tvisha Rao

Rutgers '25