This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

All my singles out there, I know it can feel extra lonely once the Valentine season comes around, especially now during the pandemic. It seems like this loneliness and quarantine will never end. But we all need to remember what badas*es we all are! You may not have a partner now but that doesn’t mean you won’t ever have one. And even then, make sure to appreciate the people you do have in your life that care for you. To remind you that you are loved this Valentine’s day, here are 5 affirmations to remind you:

1. You are worthy of love and care.

2. If I open my heart up to love, I shall receive it.

3. I deserve to be respected and cared for by those around me.

4. If I treat others with love, I am bound to receive the same in return.

5. My love is infinite.

Try repeating and reminding yourself of these phrases and watch the positive energy enter your life. When you emit good energy out into the world, you will surely receive it back.

Shannon is a senior attending Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor's degree in Journalism & Media studies. Although she is graduating this May, she will be staying to obtain her Master's degree in Communication Media. With a great passion for everything fashion and beauty, she hopes to be writing for a magazine centered around both. She loves puppies and can often be found in bed binging a k-drama on Netflix!
Aishwarya Sridhar is a senior at Rutgers University majoring in Cell Biology & Neuroscience and double minoring in Psychology and Health & Society. You can usually find her studying in a library or curled up on her favorite couch with a cup of coffee and a good book.