10 Songs to Help You Survive Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Finals? You mean a seemingly endless period of stress, tests, and studying? If it feels like your study sesh it quickly plummeting towards rock bottom, it’s probably time for a break. Don’t worry though, we’ve got you covered. With everything from French music to the Jonas Brothers, these ten songs are sure to help you get through final exams. 

1. When you need to focus: “Quelquun m’a dit” by Carla Bruni

No, you won’t understand the lyrics to this song (unless you’re a French major), but it sure is peaceful. 

2. When studying makes you wish you were back in elementary school: “Hakuna Matata” from The Lion King

Any Disney song works here, really. These mood-boosting throwbacks will remind you of happy memories and simpler times.

3. When you remember Christmas is right around the corner: “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Need I say more?

4. When you need a motivation boost: “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield

“Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you can not find.” The lyrics say it all.

5. When your friends are finished with finals but you still have exams: “Hello” by Adele

Stand in front of your fan and let your hair blow around for dramatic effect. 

6. When you have exactly 3 minutes and 26 seconds to turn up: “Sorry” by Justin Bieber

Need a bit of inspiration? Just take a look at Bieber’s major comeback. 

7. When you’re about to have a breakdown: “Gravity” by John Mayer

Google images of puppies while simultaneously listening to this song and you will literally feel the stress exiting your body. 

8. When the breakdown inevitably happens: “You Found Me” by The Fray

Perfectly acceptable to lie on the floor with tears streaming down your face during this one.

9. When it’s 4 AM and you’re still grinding: “Hold On” by The Jonas Brothers

Nothing like a little Jo Bro #tbt to power you through the wee hours of the night. 

10. When you FINISH: “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé

Because what kind of playlist would this be without a Beyoncé jam?

Brenna Mazur currently attends Rutgers University to study marketing and journalism. She is a huge fan of winning free concert tickets and going on froyo dates. She also enjoys hanging out with her dog.