This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

I recently read that the average American spends over $600 on Christmas presents. While that budget might be acceptable for many, it is not ideal for many college students. As someone who spends a lot of time on Pinterest, I thought it would be nice to share a list of DIY Christmas Gifts that will make your loved ones happy, and your wallet too!

(Source)

1. Candy Sleighs: These are a great gift for the sweetheart in your life… or anyone with a sweet touch! These small gifts are great for handing out as stocking stuffers because they require little time and money!

(Source)

2. Reindeer Treat Bags: This is a fun activity that you can involve little children in as well! All you really need is a brown bag, candy canes, and a red pom-pom to create your very own reindeer treat bag. You can fill the bag with candy or anything you want. 

(Source)

3. Candy Bouquet: Add a twist to the iconic Candy Bouquet by making it Christmas themed. Not only will your loved one receive a mug, but also loads of candy! The Candy Bouquet is very easy to assemble and does not require lots of time.

(Source)

4. Candy Beer Bottles: Do you have empty beer bottles hanging around? Clean the beer bottles, and add some candies inside it to create a very holiday-themed beer bottle. This is an adorable twist to the usual six-pack of beer gift.

(Source)

5. Peppermint Soap What better way to get in the holiday spirit than with some peppermint soap? If you love DIY crafts, this peppermint soap is perfect for you. It doesn’t require too much time (ten minutes), and is easy to make! Your loved one will love receiving a homemade gift that will have them feeling jolly.

(Source)

6. Peppermint Bath Bombs: If your loved one loves spa days, then this DIY Peppermint Bath Bomb will be a great gift for them. This bath bomb requires a number of ingredients but is very easy and fun to make. The bath bombs are a great holiday present for anyone who loves the holidays and baths!

(Source)

7. Blanket Scarf: This DIY Blanket Scarf is sure to keep your loved one warm and cozy throughout the frigid winter season. The blanket scarf could stretch your wallet depending on the type of fabric you choose and your ability to find a great deal on the fabric! However, this is a very fun idea for anyone who loves scarves.

(Source)

8. Crochet Beanie Hat: If you enjoy crocheting or want to learn a new skill during this holiday season, try to make this crochet beanie hat. It is sure to keep your friends or family warm. They are bound to appreciate the time and effort you incorporate in making this gift.

(Source)

9. Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm: Another great peppermint gift idea! Along with the winter comes chapped lips. Help your friends and family avoid chapped lips by creating this unique, easy, and cheap gift for them!

(Source)

10. Tote Bag Craft: This craft is super cheap- all you need is a $4 tote bag and $4 iron adhesive. Although it may require some effort, this gift will be very useful for your loved one. Not only is this tote bag environmentally friendly, but it’s very cute! Who doesn’t love that? 

Hannah Javed

Rutgers '19

Senior Editor at Her Campus Rutgers with a love for salads, pizza and bright lights.