This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Not only is this text gripping, but it also employs mixed media. The text features a collection of files, letters, and data that aid in making the story more vivid. ​

Everyone loves a retelling. Ok, not everyone. But a classic story with a legitimately new approach? Sign me up. 

Speaking of retellings, here is a modern day Cinderella story featuring two male leads. Do I have your attention now? 

An incredibly important story that is 100% worth the tears. 

You should add this book in particular to your October reads. The main character can lift the veil that separates the living from the dead. 

I will talk to everyone who will listen about this book. As soon as I read it, I wanted to write an essay–in the best way. 

Rachel is a senior English and Writing Arts double major at Rowan University. She also has minors in Women's & Gender Studies and Creative Writing along with concentrations in Publishing & New Media and Honors. She is the Senior Editor of Avant Literary Magazine as well as being in charge of the Her Campus chapter at her school. Rachel works as both a tour guide and a writing tutor on campus. She is big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but not the patriarchy.