This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Based on the New York Times column, Modern Love, Amazon Prime’s new series is seriously binge-worthy. The eight episodes explore all different relationships that will move you to tears. Each episode explores a different relationship, but the series concludes with them tying together at the end.

Imagine the mini stories of Black Mirror combined with the wholesome connectedness of Love Actually.  The stories are about all types of love ranging from romantic, familial, and platonic from young people to elderly. It truly is beautiful to see all of these relationships grow in half hour episodes.

The cast is truly exceptional as well. Dev Patel, Tina Fey, and Anne Hathaway are just a few of the well-known actors in this show. I loved the Ed Sheeran cameo too! The acting is so raw, and the characters capture the vulnerability of all kinds of love in their performance.

As I watched Modern Love, I realized so much about love that I feel society has forgotten. So many people put emphasis on finding a person to love romantically. As a girl in my twenties, I wonder who that person will be, and when they will come into my life on a regular basis. It seems everyone around me is finding their “person”, and I can’t help but wonder when I’ll find that romantic connection.

As a society, we strive for these romantic relationships, and forget about all of the other places we can find love in our lives. This show reminded me of love found in other places; we can find it in our family, our friends, our community, and ourselves. All of these kinds of love is just as important as romantic love, and are beautiful in their own unique ways. This show highlights this through the very relatable journeys of their characters. This show made me realize the value of self-love, the love in my family, and in my friends. It also made me hopeful of finding the beauty of marriage and having a lifelong partner. The last episode left me with a heartfelt reminder that it is never too late in life to find love, and it is worth the wait.

You can find Modern Love on Amazon Prime Video. Binge watch it and you’ll cross your fingers that they make more episodes of this show ASAP! To hold me over, I will be listening to the Modern Love Podcast for sure.

Madison is an elementary education and literacy studies major at Rowan University. Besides writing for Hercampus and being a Hercampus Trendsetter, Madison is the president of the Eta Psi chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, vice president of Rowan's Circle K club, and an Admissions Ambassador. Her hobbies are reading, writing, painting, and drawing. Her favorite things to write about are dating, beauty, and literature.
Destiny is currently enrolled in Columbia University's MFA Writing program. She is a national writer at Her Campus and the former editor-in-chief of Her Campus Rowan. She likes thrifting, romance novels, cooking shows, and can often be found binging documentaries.