Top 10 Spring Break Destinations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Get your bikinis out, ladies! Despite the brutal temperatures we’ve had the past few weeks, spring break is just around the corner and nobody does spring break better than college students. So if you haven’t booked your trip yet, check out our list of the hottest spring break spots of 2015.

#10. Jamaica

Although Jamaica isn’t the traditional spring break destination for college-aged crowds, it is still a great place to spend time over break. If you go, you’ll be able to enjoy great nightlife — concerts, bonfires on the beach, open bar parties and more. During the day, you’ll have a great time whether you’re bathing in the sun or climbing waterfalls.

Visit Spring Break Jamaica for more information.

#9. South Padre Island

According to South Padre Island’s website, www.sopadre.com, there are five great reasons to enjoy spring break at South Padre Island in Texas.

1. South Padre has the best weather during spring break.

2. Cleanest, widest, most walkable beaches in Texas.

3. Totally beachin’ activities: jet skiing, fishing, surfing, kiteboarding…

4. Nightlife: great variant of bars, clubs, restaurants and concerts.

5. Roadtrip!: you can drive here and have a totally beachin’ road trip with your friends.

Visit South Padre Spring Break for more information.

#8. Las Vegas

Casinos, upscale hotels, never-ending nightlife on the Strip. You name it, Vegas has it. Best of all, StudentCity, a travel agency that offers students discounted destination packages, offers you three nights of free cover at various clubs if you book through them.

Visit StudentCity’s website for more information and Oyster for reviews of popular hotels and resorts to stay at.

#7. Daytona Beach

With daytime temperatures averaging in the 80s in March, it’s easy to understand why students flock to Daytona for their spring break. It’s located directly on the Atlantic Ocean, has cheap hotel rates, has a nightlife that is right for everyone and is a popular spring break destination where you’ll be surrounded by other students your age.

Visit DB Spring Break for more information.

#6. Nassau, Bahamas

Nassau offers you the best of both worlds — a relaxing oasis and a crazy spring break atmosphere. There are countless deals for trips to Nassau through StudentCity and other travel websites. StudentCity even rents out a private island exclusively for its travelers and throws parties there throughout the month of March. You truly cannot go wrong choosing the Bahamas as your spring break destination.

Visit Spring Break Bahamas and StudentCity for more information.

#5. Miami Beach

Rumor has it South Beach never sleeps. A handful of clubs, lounges and places to party are available right in Miami Beach. The sunset is also hard to beat!

Visit StudentCity for great deals and the Unofficial Guide to Spring Break in Miami and South Beach for a list of things to do in Miami, which beaches are the best, where the shopping is and more.

#4. Cabo San Lucas

Cabo is high up on the list of spring break destinations for college students. That’s because it is a beautiful, safe, enjoyable environment and is famous for its wild spring break scene and nightlife. It also provides you the opportunity to experience exotic beaches and amazing activities. If you choose Cabo, make sure you go parasailing! You won’t regret it.

Visit STA Travel and STS Travel for more information.

#3. Punta Cana

Talk about a relaxing vacation. Punta Cana will allow you to de-stress in its beautiful, tropical setting. It’s perfect for hanging out by the pool and tanning on the peaceful, quite beach.

Visit StudentCity and STS Travel for more information.

#2. Panama City Beach

Not looking to leave the country but still want the spring break experience? StudentCity ranked Panama City Beach (PCB) as the #1 US destination. It’s understandable, considering PCB labeled itself the “Spring Break Capital of the World.” Each year, approximately two million students visit PCB during their spring break. You can party at the hottest clubs and bars, enjoy the white beaches and not even have to break the bank.

Visit PCBeach Spring Break and StudentCity for more information.

#1. Cancun

It’s no surprise Cancun is ranked the ultimate #1 spring break destination. Look up spring break in the dictionary and you’ll find Cancun as the definition. The area is breathtaking and the experience is unforgettable.

Visit StudentCity, Spring Break Cancun and STS Travel for more information.

So what are you waiting for? Trade in your gloves and scarf for a bikini and margarita and go have an exhilarating and safe spring break with all your friends!

Courtney Klauber is a senior at Rowan University with a major in public relations, minors in journalism and advertising and a concentration in new media. She is currently the PR director for her school's PRSSA chapter and served as the editor-in-chief of Rowan's yearbook for the span of her junior year. Despite being a PR major, Courtney has a passion for editorial duties such as writing journalistically, copy editing and publication layout. Courtney grew up in Bridgewater, NJ and her list of interests consist of reading, writing and all things technology. She is always in the middle of a book, writing and editing, or reading technology blogs. You can find out more about Courtney on her personal website and blog: www.courtneyklauber.com or connect with her on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/courtneyklauber.