This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

We all know that finals can be an extremely stressful time for all college students. From stressing about your grades to worrying about remembering material, you can sometimes feel like you’re drowning!

But don’t worry, I got you. Here are some tips on how to survive finals week.

Self Care

Finals can be really stressful, but don’t let them consume you. Along with studying, try to do things that make you feel happy and calm. Some things you can try when you’re stressed are taking a hot shower, practicing skin care, calling a friend, laughing, dancing, singing, writing or even your favorite foods or watching your favorite shows. Even though school is a really big priority, so is your mental health.

Don’t over-exert yourself/ arrange your workload

Ever heard the saying “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket?” Well, this is incredibly true for finals week. Don’t try to get everything done in one sitting. Instead, do a little at a time throughout the week and arrange your workload according to your due dates. This will help you get everything done and you’ll feel satisfied when you realize you’ve finished your workload for the day.

Write notes digitally

Throughout the semester, you’re more than likely taking notes in your classes. Personally, I think it’s really handy to copy your notes down digitally so when you are faced with open-note exams or assignments, CTRL+F will be your best friend.

Note cards

If your exam is not open note, I think note cards are a great way to remember information and study. Writing stuff down again when you’re not in class somehow makes you remember it better. And the notecards are a good study habit because you can review them before your exam. Plus, it just looks really cute!

Don’t procrastinate

I’m pretty sure this was the mistake I made during my first official finals week. You should’ve seen how flustered I was trying to complete 5 essays and two exams in one day all by 11:59 pm. So, don’t be like me; make sure you spread your workload out and do a little bit throughout the week so you’re not stressed when the deadline comes. This also gives you plenty of time to edit and make changes to your work when you notice something so you can be proud of it when you turn it in.

✝️Christian ✊🏾BlackLivesStillMatter ✊🏻StopAsianHate 💛EndBullying 🥰Just be kind bro