This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Whether you love him or hate him, Tom Brady has definitely earned his title as the GOAT (Greatest of All Time). Tom Brady, the quarterback for the New England Patriots, is the only quarterback EVER to win 5 Super Bowls! That’s right, 5! This is very impressive, but what’s even more impressive is how he made a huge comeback during this game. Below is a recap of Super Bowl LI.

During the first half of the game, the Atlanta Falcons were on fire. During the second quarter it seemed like the game was already over when Tom Brady intercepted the ball, allowing Robert Alford to return it for a touchdown, making it a 21-0 game. By the end of the first half, the game was 21-3. But all of that was about to change in the second half.

During half time, (Lady Gaga’s performance was amazing by the way), Tom Brady and his team must have had a great pep talk because their motivation and overall performance was excellent in the second half. Although the Falcons were able to get another touchdown, making the score 28-3 early in the second half, that would be the last time they scored during the game. During the second half of the game, the Patriots were able to put 25 points on the board, making it 28-28. The tied score forced this Super Bowl game to become the first to go into overtime.

To start in overtime, the teams flipped a coin and the Patriots picked heads.  The coin, luckily, landed on heads, sending the ball to the Patriots. In overtime, whichever team gets a touchdown first wins the game, and that is exactly what happened. Tom Brady successfully threw the ball into the end zone, making the final score 34-28, ending in a victory for the New England Patriots. This game was the biggest comeback for any team who was falling behind from the start, making it one of the most exciting, if not the best one, in Super Bowl history!

I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.