A Single Girl’s Guide to Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

So, you’re single this Valentine’s Day. Whatever! You can still have a great time regardless of your relationship status. The best part of being single on Valentine’s Day is that you aren’t obligated to anyone else. You have a full day to spend appreciating yourself and your girlfriends. Gather your single girlfriends together. Do you want to head out or stay in? Either way, there are plenty of things to do!

If you decide to go out with your BFFs, wear something bright, festive and fun. As much as you may want to wear all black in protest of the Hallmark holiday, it’s too cliché. Pair your little black dress with a pink or red cardigan or heels. Pops of bright colors in your outfit are sure to boost your mood and confidence (plus, the vibrant hues may even catch the attention of a hottie while you’re out).

Tobi, $22

If you decide to stay in, opt for some cute, festive and comfy pajamas.

Forever 21, $10.80      

Forever 21, $12.80

A great way to spend time with your girls at home is by watching movies, pampering yourself, making DIY projects, playing games and cooking.

Curl up on the couch and watch your favorite romantic comedy or girl-power movie.

Have a spa night! Pamper yourself with face masks and by painting your nails.

Explore Pinterest for fun DIY projects. Check out these DIY heart-themed projects!

Sing at the top of your lungs and dance like there’s no tomorrow at home with a karaoke game.

Make your own pizza! You can even use a miniature heart-shaped cookie cutter to transform pepperoni into hearts. 

And don’t forget ice cream for your ladies’ night in!

Overall, Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate love and there’s no better way to do that than by having fun pampering yourself and spending quality time with your friends! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University