absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Recipes: Pan Fried Hawaiian Pizza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Pizza is a staple in college. Whether it be late night delivery, or leftover for breakfast, there is no denying that pizza is a college must-have. This week’s recipe is a spin on a classic dish. 

Pan Fried Hawiian Pizza

Olive oil, for frying and brushing

4 ounces of ham or prosciutto chopped

1 (16 oz ball) of pizza dough split into two 8 oz balls

1 Cup of pizza sauce

1 (8 oz) ball of mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced

1.5 Cups of pineapple cubes

Fresh basil leaves, shredded

Preheat the broiler. Add a little oil to a medium cast-iron pan and fry the ham over medium-low heat until it’s a little brown and crispy, about 3 minutes. Set aside.

Roll each pizza dough half into circles the size of your cast-iron pan. The dough will probably be slightly thicker than what you’re used to.

Heat the pan to medium and add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 1 piece of the rolled out dough. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the dough is bubbly on top and browned underneath. Flip, add half of the sauce, half of the mozzarella, half of the ham, and half of the pineapple. Cook another 2 minutes, until the bottom is cooked, then slip under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese looks bubbly and the pineapple is slightly caramelized. Top with basil.  Remove the pizza from the pan and repeat with the other piece of dough. 

Recipe from: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pan-fried-hawaiian-pizza-56390039

My name is Jenna Filippoli and I am a new writer to HerCampus. I was inspired by one of my best friends who is a writer and has been writing for this magazine for a few years. By writing blogs for HerCampus, I want to reach girls in many different places and help with their daily struggles and empower them.
I am a Writing Arts major at Rowan University. Poetry is my best friend. One day, I hope to be a successful writer for a popular magazine in NYC. My dream is to travel to Paris, London, and Rome to explore and write about my experiences there.