Quotes about Dreamers

While discussing A Midsummer Night's Dream in class I listened to an interesting conversation about dreams. My professor argued that most of our lives are experienced within dreams rather than reality. She argues that if we even expand our definition of the word dream to represent "unreality" rather than a sleeping state we spend nearly all of our waking hours in a dreamlike state. Inspired by my class discussion I looked up a few quotes written for people who love to dream. 

1. 1. When I dream, on my own...

Stars behind tall trees

When I dream, on my own. I'm alone but I ain't lonely. For a dreamer, night's the only time of day. When the city's finally sleepin'. And my thoughts begin to stray. And I'm on the train that's bound for Santa Fe- Newsies

2. 2. “And here's to the fools who dream...

driving in red convertible with Hollywood sign in the distance

“And here's to the fools who dream. Crazy as they may seem. Here's to the hearts that break. Here's to the mess we make.” -Audition Song

3. 3. A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight...

studying with coffee

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."-Oscar Wilde

4. 4. If you can dream it...

Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle amid a nighttime fireworks show

"If you can dream it you can do it." -Walt Disney

5. 5. You may say I'm a dreamer...

electric jazz guitar

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.”― John Lennon

6. 6. My own heroes are the dreamers...

“My own heroes are the dreamers, those men, and women who tried to make the world a better place than when they found it, whether in small ways or great ones. Some succeeded, some failed, most had mixed results... but it is the effort that's heroic, as I see it. Win or lose, I admire those who fight the good fight.”― George R.R. Martin

7. 7. The old dreams were good dreams...

Stars behind pickup truck and bonfire

“The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out but I'm glad I had them.”―The Bridges of Madison County

Keep dreaming everyone!