NFL Playoff Teams as Songs in My 2022 Spotify Wrapped

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The NFL playoffs begin this weekend, but you don’t know have to know football to know this time of year is so fun for sporty-themed content. Allow me to be your guide as I break down the 2022-23 NFL season playoff teams in songs from my 2022 Spotify Wrapped playlist.

Kansas City Chiefs – No Mercy (MANILA GREY)

The Chiefs continue to be a dominant team in the NFL. It’s the team that you just have to love, but they continue to show no mercy to their opponents.

Buffalo Bills – Keep Moving (Jungle)

After the Bills dealt with trauma in their Week 17 MNF game where defensive player Damar Hamlin needed CPR after a collision, the Bills bounced back with Hamlin in mind to go out and win for him. Hamlin has since made strides in his recovery, allowing the Bills to get fired up to keep going and winning for their recovering player.

Cincinnati Bengals – I Ain’t Worried (OneRepublic)

The Bengals have been in this position before. They made the Super Bowl last year versus the Los Angeles Rams. Now, the team is back and ready to show what they’ve got.

Baltimore Ravens – Levitating (Dua Lipa)

I think the Ravens are just happy to be in the playoffs – levitating if you will. They’re going to try to contend against a tough competition, but just getting to this position I think they’ll make the most of it.

Los Angeles Chargers – Supernatural (Barns Courtney)

Justin Herbert and his incredible skills at such a young age make him supernatural. Not to mention, his ability to heal or play through injuries is just out of this world. The Chargers are, in fact, on another level.

Miami Dolphins – No Role Modelz (J. Cole)

The Dolphins got into this position even with the adversity they faced all season with their quarterback’s concussions. I think the team really just relies on each other and no outside voices.

Jacksonville Jaguars – About Damn Time (Lizzo)

From zero to hero, the Jacksonville Jaguars are excited to be in the playoffs with a coach and quarterback who can seriously get it done on the field.

Philadelphia Eagles – Mowtownphilly (Boyz II Men)

No because there’s no better fit than this song. The Eagles are just having a good time. They dominated the league all season long and now, they’re just doing them in classic 2017 Super Bowl-era fashion.

San Francisco 49ers – Applause (Lady Gaga)

Another team that really started to shine later this season was the 49ers. They’re truly living for the applause and ready to continue bringing the heat into the postseason.

Dallas Cowboys – Gimme More (Britney Spears)

The Dallas Cowboys last won a Super Bowl when none of us were alive. This means, they really want more. They’ve been touching the playoffs in recent years, will this be the year they go all the way?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bones (Imagine Dragons)

Don’t count the Bucs out yet, they’ve got something in them that will continue to dominate throughout the playoffs. Not to mention, it’s Tom Brady.

Minnesota Vikings – Sacrifice (The Weeknd)

I’m just letting you know now, the Vikings are going to be a one-and-done in the playoffs kind of team. For that very reason, they will be the sacrificed team.

New York Giants – West Coast (OneRepublic)

The Giants weren’t even supposed to make the playoffs and they did. Now, they’re dreaming of playing at Arizona in February for the Super Bowl.

Seattle Seahawks – All For Us (Zendaya & Labrinth)

After a chaotic end to the regular season, the Seahawks came out on top. Is this the start of a good playoff run? I think they’ve got the drive and they really want to win it all.

she/her - Audacy sports writer - podcaster - love writing about everything