This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Finding vegan food is a hassle. But through my search to find vegan-friendly restaurants I found some gems. These are a few of my personal favorite off-campus vegan restaurants. 

This tiny cafe is entirely vegan, offering breakfast items, sandwiches, platters, salads, and even desserts! I sometimes go here in between classes to grab a bite and do some work. 

Favorite Menu Item: Breakfast Sandwich

I go here when I want to feel like I’m healthy and have my life together!

Favorite Menu Item: Custom Green Bowl  

This is a little further away, about a 20min drive, you can get there by bus, though! This diner offers one of the largest vegan menus for a non-vegan place I’ve seen. This is a great spot to go to with omni friends, they have large comfy booths and a friendly atmosphere. 

Favorite Menu Item: Cheesesteak-less Hoagie

If this place was a little closer I would eat here way too often! Another bonus is everything is entirely vegan & gluten-free. They also offer desserts and smoothies!

Favorite Menu Item: Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich

This is another entirely vegan spot and the best falafel I’ve ever had! Be sure to try one of their Tahini shakes.

Favorite Menu Item: Falafel Sandwich

HipCityVeg is a can’t miss spot in the city! I went here way too often during my internship this summer. I found that the quality was much better outside of normal lunch hours.

Favorite Menu Item: HipCity Ranch Sandwich  

This is on the more expensive side, but it is well worth it! They have small plates meant for sharing. It’s a great spot for a date or to hang with close friends as while embracing ambient lighting and intimate seating. 

Favorite Menu Item: The Ricotta

JoAnna is a Junior Environmental and Sustainability Studies major with minors in Planning, Economics, and Ethics. She aspires to be an environmental policy analyst specializing in the connections between the economy, environmental sustainability, and human well-being. She currently is on the leadership team for her town’s environmental commission, Rowan Environmental Action Club (REAL) and New Jersey Student Sustainability Coalition.
Destiny is currently enrolled in Columbia University's MFA Writing program. She is a national writer at Her Campus and the former editor-in-chief of Her Campus Rowan. She likes thrifting, romance novels, cooking shows, and can often be found binging documentaries.