This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Winter time is coming up fast and the cold weather can be harsh on your curls. It’s important to keep your hair protected and moisturized no matter what your curl type is throughout the cold season. Whenever my hair isn’t styled in a protective style such as braids I want to ensure that it remains protected. Here’s a list of my three go-to products to use to keep my curls flourishing!

Bumble and Bumble

Bumble and Bumble’s line of products, although a little pricey work great on my curls they not only provide moisturization that lasts throughout the day, however their products also produce elongated curls with great bounce. Bumble and Bumble products are typically sold at Sephora however, you can also find them online.

Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly

Blueberry Bliss also has a great line of products, however, my favorite by far is their curl control jelly. Unlike other gels or jelly that usually leave a greasy residue or product buildup, Curls Control Jelly creates a great hold as well as firm curls. Curls products are sold everywhere from Target to your local beauty supply store.

Garnier Fructis 1 Minute Hair Mask

I never thought that Garneir Fructis would work for my hair type but not only does their mask work but it works wonders! I use it as a leave in conditioner when I do braid outs and it truly keeps my hair moisturized for days. Garneir Fructis products are truly sold everywhere so you’ll have no problem finding this great mask, my favorite one to use is avocado, it smells great and makes my hair feel so fresh.