This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

We’ve all been there- the sex is getting really hot and heavy, you’re breathing, and sweating, and kissing. And then he says “let’s switch positions.” As amazing as that sounds to you, you know what’s about to happen. You can feel it, but there’s no way to tell him without being hella awkward. I mean maybe it won’t make a noise. Who are you kidding of course it made a noise and it was super obvious.

Queefing is completely natural and happens pretty often in bed, especially when the sex is fast and hard. An air pocket naturally forms in the vagina and lets out that beautifully embarrassing noise. It’s nothing to be ashamed about, and you and your partner should just laugh about it. Personally for me, laughing about it is the best solution. Ignoring it never seems to work, because they’re loud and obnoxious. And saying “ew” just totally kills the mood. Laugh about it and move on with the sex so you can continue with your night.

The worst queef I’ve ever had lasted around a minute… Definitely not a normal queef. After my ex and I were finished having sex one winter night, I had gotten up to put my pants on. As soon as I bent down to pick them up, I let out the loudest queef I’ve ever heard. It actually startled me. It lasted the entire time it took me to put on my skinny jeans, sit down on the bed, and get back under the blanket. My ex’s jaw dropped and he had no idea how to react. We laid there in silence for a good ten minutes, staring at the ceiling. Probably one of the top five most embarrassing moments of my life.

Now whenever that happens, I’ve learned to laugh about the whole situation. Have fun this holiday season, don’t worry about a queef– and don’t let it ruin the mood. Merry Queefmas everyone!