Wellness > Sex + Relationships

I’ve Been Hooking up With 2 Guys for the Past 2 Months

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

I’ve been hooking up with two guys for the past 2 months and it’s been an interesting experience. I think the most exciting thing about it is how different they both are. One is a total bad boy with piercings and tattoos and the other a gentle soul with polos and sweater vest. 

It’s a wild variety of vibes and I love that I can call who I need when I need them. It sounds cruel but frankly, it so empowering. I was the type of girl to think that anyone that hooks up with people is sad and is actually lonely inside. But with my busy schedule, this is the most time I can make for men. I understand now that people can actually participate in hookup culture without feeling lonely and all while feeling empowered. 

I spend an hour or two with them and we have some nice pillow talk and then we call it a night. Sometimes they sleepover but I usually ask them to leave when it’s my bedtime because I need my 8 hours! 

My advice for these relationships: 

Hookups are different for everyone and everyone has their quirks and own set of rules. Make a list of what makes you comfortable and what doesn’t. Draw boundaries when you are uncomfortable and make sure you are enjoying yourself. Make sure you are verbal about these boundaries with the other person and that you both are on the same page. If you change what you are feeling emotional or want to experience physically be sure to be upfront. Feelings change and that is okay! And of course, USE PROTECTION.