I Envy the Closets of Those Rosewood Girls: Hanna Marin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

I recently started watching ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars, playing “catch up” on Netflix. Needless to say, the plot and the characters are addicting (I watched seasons 1-3 in a matter of weeks). But the one thing even more addicting than the constant twists and turns of the storyline is the clothing worn by each character! I am obsessed with the fashion in the show, always thinking of ways to emulate the characters with my own wardrobe.

One character whose wardrobe speaks as loud as her personality is Hanna Marin (played by Ashley Benson). She can always be seen sporting loud colors or crazy pattern combinations, somehow selecting the perfect ensemble every time.

One of my favorite things she does on the show is couple blazers with body-cons (and of course her ever-present three-inch heels). Here she couples a striped Lord & Taylor blazer with a lace dress by Neiman Marcus for a resounding total of $503.00 (not including the price of shoes, accessories, or tax!). If your wallet is aching at the thought of such a costly fashion statement, worry not! While you may not be a carbon copy of Ms. Marin, you’ll certainly look pretty darn close while saving a couple (hundred) pennies in the process by shopping elsewhere.

Stores like Forever21 and Wet Seal are great for thrifty buys that still have the high-quality look. This outfit is one I put together for under $100 ($91.24 including tax) piecing together items from Charlotte Russe, Wet Seal, and Forever21.

Neon Knit Single Button Blazer in Neon Coral $29.99

Floral Lace Bodycon Dress in Black/Ivory $15.99

Sweet Bow Faux Leather Belt in Black $3.80

Quilted Ankle Cuff Platform Heels in Black $35.50

Of course, these aren’t the only stores that offer items such as these for such discounted prices. All it takes is a good eye, a smart shopper, and a little inspiration from your girls in Rosewood. 

Carly is a Writing Arts major at Rowan University with a concentration in New Media and Creative Writing. She aspires to complete her masters at Rowan and to become an editor after completing college. When she isn't writing for HerCampus or doing schoolwork, she can be found performing slam poetry at various venues in the Philadelphia region. Follow her on twitter at @carlyfiona15 or email her at szaboc33@students.rowan.edu