Get ready for 2013 Profstock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Who are you most excited to see at Profstock? Profstock this year will feature local female disc jockey DJ XTINA, hip-hop artist B.o.B., pop artist Dev, and ska punk band Sublime with Rome.  This year’s Profstock performance has something to offer students of all musical interests.  Only about 2,600 tickets will be sold so hurry before they sell out!

“I think [Sublime] is going to have an awesome performance, Rome has a great voice,” said Sara Holroyd, sophomore education major.  I expect them to have a great performance because they are such a good band. It’ll be really cool to see everyone’s reaction when they play ‘Santeria’ because that’s one of their main hits.”

Sublime with Rome’s original lead singer passed away and the new lead singer is named Rome.  They have multiple songs and albums and most Rowan students are anticipating this performance most of all.

“I’m excited to see B.o.B. because he’s going to bring a lot of energy to Profstock,” said sophomore film major, Paul DuVilla.   B.o.B, or Bobby Ray Simmons, is a hip hop artist and rapper whose well-known songs include “Airplanes” and “So Good.”

Dev, or Devin Star Tailles, is a rapper and pop artist and one of her most popular songs is In the Dark.  Ashley Force, sophomore journalism major said, “I’m really excited to see Dev because I’m looking forward to the crowd’s reaction to her hit song.”

Also, DJ  XTINA, Atlantic City’s #1 female DJ will be opening the Profstock performance.  She is the only female to be admitted into the elite BumSquads DJs. 

Profstock 2013 is Saturday, April 6th at 7:00 p.m. in the Esby Gym and is a RAH and SUP sponsored event. 

Tickets went on sale on Friday, March 1st and the line wrapped around the  Chamberlain Student Center.  Some people waited for almost four hours to make sure they got their tickets. 

Photography taken by Heather Fesmire.

Julissa is currently a senior at Rowan University located in Glassboro were she is a proud sister of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. from the INVICIBLE theta chapter. She majors in journalism and has a double concentration in International studies and New Media. Julissa hails from Passaic, NJ, even though she is a New Yorker at heart. She strives to become an amazing bilingual writer. She can admit that she has an obsession with nail polish. Julissa in her spare time enjoys volunteering, reading, rock climbing, and movies. To many individuals she is known to be the three Fs: fun, funky and feisty.