This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Even though the month of love is long over, I still enjoy jamming out- or in most cases, weeping- to my favorite love songs. Everyone needs a good romantic song in their lives, whether you’re single, taken, or somewhere on that spectrum! I have carefully handpicked my favorite love songs to share, because why not put myself in a mushy mood?

“At the Beginning” Richard Marx and Donna Lewis

This is a song that has been special to my heart since I was a child. It is played at the end of my all-time favorite animated movie, Anastasia, and is definitely being played at my wedding. It tells the sweet tale of two people whose lives truly begin when they meet, and how unexpected it was. Perfect for a wedding, as that is the beginning of your life with someone.

“Rose of My Heart” Johnny Cash

The second song that MUST be played at my wedding is this hit by Johnny Cash. It is the love poem you have always dreamt of receiving, making you “aw” at every line. This song makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside, making me hope that one day I have a love just like this.

“Put Your Head on My Shoulder” Paul Anka

This one is an oldie, but definitely a classic. Paul Anka’s soulful voice brings you right back into the 60’s and it is absolutely enchanting. This song popped up on my discovery weekly playlist on Spotify months ago and I have not been able to stop listening since. My mom said she remembers her mother playing this around the house, showing how timeless this song really is. Just one listen will have you drooling over him!

“Versace on the Floor” Bruno Mars

I mean, c’mon- who doesn’t love some Bruno Mars? He has had countless hits over the years, and he certainly does not disappoint with this one! Versace on the Floor is a smooth song about just letting everything go and having the most romantic evening with your boo. The combination of romance, passion, and sensuality has Bruno’s signature combo for a best seller. Not to mention his voice is just…wow.

“You” Keaton Henson

The first sad love song of this list, You by Keaton Henson has me in all of my feels. His delicate voice pleads that “if you must leave, leave as though fire burns under your feet,” so as not to prolong his heartbreak. The line that gets me every single time is the main line of the chorus: “if you must die, sweetheart, die knowing your life was my life’s best part.” He’s pining over this lost love of his and it could not be a better song to listen to when you want to feel a little bit sad.

“Skin” Josh Record

Although this is a shorter song, I feel it still deserves much recognition. Both the simple guitar and the amazing harmonies by the background singers causes me to relax deeply. The overall theme of this song is, not surprisingly, touch- how all he wants is to just be with and feel his love. I think everyone can relate to the fantastic feeling of being held and caressed by someone you love, and Josh Record just hits it right on the head.

“The Girl” City and Colour

Finally, The Girl by City and Colour is a really interesting song. The song begins slowly, with simple instruments and an apology. He apologizes for being a not-so-great boyfriend to his significant other, from leaving her to go on trips to not putting in as much effort as she does. He tells her how appreciative he is of how she never asks for expensive gifts, and how lovely and beautiful she is. Right when you think the song is over, it suddenly picks up into an almost completely different song. The lyrics are the same as before, but now they are being sung to a very upbeat and faster pace. I appreciate his message and honestly just love the style of this song.

You may have thought this list was a bit long, but there are SO MANY great songs I am leaving out here: Adore You by Miley Cyrus, Can I Have this Dance by Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron, Picture by Kid Rock ft. Sheryl Crow, Mine by Bazzi…I really could keep going on. I hope you enjoyed this list and give a few of them a try- maybe I just gave you your future wedding song, too.

Tyra Gwalthney is a Junior Dual Major in Law and Justice and Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management in the Honors Concentration. Alongside HerCampus- and being a HerCampus Trendsetter- she also is the Vice President of the Animal Advocacy Club, and enjoys volunteering as often as she can. She loves dogs, summer, the beach, and anything involving chocolate. Want to chat? Email: gwalthnet0@students.rowan.edu