The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Last fall, everyone was delighted with the hottest trends of oversized sweatpants, granny panties, and giant fuzzy blankets. But, step aside 2020- Fall 2021 is here, and we’re ready to put our fashion sense forward. Here you’ll find my favorite fall fashion trends. Here’s every reason why you’ll want to treat yourself to a little retail therapy this fall.

1. 90s Fashion is Back and Better Than Ever

THANK GOD. Sheer dresses, knee high socks, flannels, cardigans, overalls, and my personal favorite- CORDUROY. All of these things had their best run in the 90s, but I’m looking forward to rocking these looks again all November long.

Link: Check out this cute corduroy jacket (at a decent price) from Amazon.

2. Loose Fit Denim

Two words: Mom. Jeans. Need I say more?

Link: My personal favorite jeans, AND they’re made with the environment in mind!

3. Funky Chunky Sweaters

Why settle for a boring sweater this fall? Check out color block, fun prints, saturated hues, and turtle necks to spice up your look this fall.

Link: TARGET. I always, always get my sweaters from Target, and the plus- they’re SUPER comfy. But for more fashion forward ladies, check out these hot looks from SHEIN.

4.Chunky Knee High Boots

Honestly, I don’t know what’s to love with these bad boys. You can wear them with a dress, with jeans, leggings, sweatshirts, sweaters. They are the PERF winter shoe.

Link: I always dress to impress with my shoes, so excuse these prices: Steve Madden.

5. Oversized Everything

As a plus size gal myself, I ADORE oversized clothing (don’t worry, I still rock skin tight clothes, ladies). But there’s something so comforting being wrapped up in an oversized hoodie or sweater. Ugh, I love it.

Link: Simply perfect in every way: Champion (for even more comfort, go for men’s sizes. That’s what I do!!)

All in all, these are just a few of this years Fall Fashion Trends that I LOVE, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try others- the most important thing with fashion is to BE YOURSELF and TRY NEW THINGS.

Maranda is a Senior Writing Arts and Emergency Management dual major at Rowan University. She hopes to become a published poetry author and eventually go to law school or work for Homeland Security. In her free time she enjoys listening to all genres of music, reading, creating art, writing poetry, and watching 80s movies.