This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

On vacation in Denver, Colorado, I decided to relax by making edibles. After a little trial and error, I think I perfected my Cannabutter recipe:

Ingredients

1/8th marijuana 

1 stick (1/4 cup) butter

Supplies

Baking sheet

Sauce pan

Fine strainer or cheese cloth

Directions 
  1. Grind marijuana onto a baking sheet (do not pick out stems).
  2. Bake ground marijuana on 240 degrees for about 40 minutes.
  3. In a saucepan, melt the stick of butter. Slowly stir in the baked marijuana (get it? baked.).
  4. Simmer butter, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes. The butter will initially become a dark green, growing into a dark brown.
  5. Remove butter from heat and strain. Press down on the marijuana grounds to ensure you get all of the butter.
  6. Use your 1/4 cup of cannabutter for delicious and relaxing treats (PB Cups and Brownies are my go-to’s). 
THC Percentage

THC percentage of marijuana (usually 10%)

3.54 grams of marijuana

1/4 cup butter

354.37 Total THCmg in the entire recipe

For 35 servings in a recipe using 1/4th cup Cannabutter, each of the 35 servings will have 10.12 grams of THC. Typical THC dosage is between 5-10 grams. When consuming, start with 1/4th a serving (2.53 grams THC) and increase your dosage as needed. For most recipes, it will take about one hour until the THC effects become noticeable. 

*Only make edibles if marijuana is legal for you to have (medical or recreational). When making edibles, your kitchen will smell! Be cautious of when and where you cook marijuana.*