This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

So, I listen to audio porn.

Now that that’s out of the way—if you haven’t heard of Quinn or the genre of erotic audios,  allow me the pleasure of introducing you to your own personal library of sensual, auditory stimulation. If you’re on spicy #BookTok, you’ll love this.

As an avid ASMR enjoyer and narrative connoisseur, I’ve spent my fair share of time listening to audiobooks and the like. 

I’ve been to the Reddit threads. I’ve watched the YouTube videos. I’ve joined the Patreons. 

Yet, what I think is the most unique thing about Quinn is that erotic audios have become a lot more accessible for those who don’t know where to start.

While the content on Quinn is erotic audio, one of the things that captured the attention of listeners across the nation is the narrative elements within the audio. For those who read or have read fanfiction, you can think of this a lemon; sometimes there is an extensive plot (and multiple parts similar to chapters in book), and at minimum the performer lays the groundwork of the scene to establish a setting. Other times, the audio can be straight up PWP—that is porn without plot–-or improv/rambles. The goal is to at least set the mood, and whatnot. Real romantical.

Narrative-wise, the audios are tagged with concepts/tropes to give the listener an idea of what they will encounter. Quinn does a good job of curating playlists of certain tropes for users to select what they want to hear at any given time. If you’ve used AO3 (Archive of Our Own), or any fanfiction website, then this is a cakewalk for you. These audios are majority told in second person, where the performer addresses the listener as “you” or *insert pet name here*, to give the experience of being a part of the scene. If that’s not really your thing, there are audios that are performed by two voice talents too!

A lot of the audios are aimed at women, but there exists gender neutral and male-listener audios too; that includes nonbinary and women vocal talents, if we’re discussing inclusiveness.  For women, mental stimulation is a huge part of sex—I would argue it should be a requirement. The act of building tension is important and the narratives, however little they may be, in these audios work to give that mental engagement with the listener. 

What I mean to say, is that having a good sounding voice alone isn’t going to cut it. The real magic happens in the actual performance, as in the sound quality and SFX, and the script itself. Being able to capture an audience without relying on physical images is extremely hard, and I appreciate all of the amazing talents that work to give such an experience to their listeners!

After spending a lot of years listening to audios like this, I think Quinn has a good thing going for them! The performer interviews on their TikTok and YouTube are super adorable too! Really, I’m only scratching the surface of their extensive catalog, and I urge you to experience this for yourself.
If you need me, I’ll be streaming Axolotl for the remainder of the day.

Lesley (she/they) is a Rowan University alumni who has an affinity for: games, anime, literature, and ASMR. In her free time you can find her drawing or screaming into a mic an hour into a horror game.