Wellness

7 Quotes for Singles during Cuffing Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

Okay, people. I know it’s cuffing season right and it is getting cold out there but it is okay to not be cuffed. I know it can feel so lonely when all your friends have boyfriends and someone to spend time with and love but deep down you know that it is a bad idea to be in a relationship just for the sake of being in one. So keep calm, decorate your room, drink those peppermint teas, and enjoy these pro-single-life quotes:

“You do not need to be loved, not at the cost of yourself. The single relationship that is truly central and crucial in a life is the relationship to the self. Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose.” 

• Jo Courdert

“I was always an unusual girl. My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean.”

• Lana Del Rey 

I celebrate myself, and sing myself. 

• Walt Whitman

“Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.”

• Sex and the City

“My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.”

• Warsan Shire

“It is good to be lonely, for being alone is not easy. The fact that something is difficult must be one more reason to do it.” 

• Rilke

“I don’t talk with everybody because I am not everybody, I am single.”

• Michael Bassey Johnson

Sources:

https://thoughtcatalog.com/christine-stockton/2013/07/31-essential-quotes-for-singles/

Tanvi is is a sophomore perusing a double major in entrepreneurship. She’s on the executive board of the Rowan University’s Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization and the President of Period at Rowan University. Tanvi works as the social media marketer for a few startups companies. She loves the artist Frida Kahlo and the T.V. Show New Girl.