5 Palettes You Should Invest in This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

The holidays are a great time to dress up and look good! I love the holidays because I can go all out on my makeup looks. I did some research and found some palettes that are great for the holiday season. From Christmas to New Year’s Eve, these palettes will get you through all of the holiday festivities looking glamorous. Whether you’re on a budget or looking to splurge, you’ll find a palette that will suit your needs in this list.

For a killer smokey eye…

Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette: Smokey ($27.00)

Huda Beauty makes some fantastic palettes! Ranging from mattes, shimmers, and foils, you can create versatile looks. A full sized palette like Huda’s Rose Gold and Dessert Dusk Palette, costs a hefty $65.00. These smaller palettes are a decent size and even includes a compact mirror on the top of it. You can get a taste of this amazing eyeshadow formula for a reasonable price. It’s perfect for on the go during your holiday travels too. Get this palette at your local Sephora!

For my budgeting babes… 

E.L.F. Mad for Matte Eyeshadow Palette ($10.00)

Not only is this palette super affordable, but you get a lot of different looks for an affordable price. You won’t have to worry about buying another palette with another shade range, because this one has it all! Smokey looks, neutral browns, warm tones, and cool tones. Matte eyeshadows are a timeless look, so this palette will always be in style. You can get it in any drugstore!

For a neutral look… 

Two Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette ($49.00) 

This palette is a dream! Not only do the shades look like a dessert, but they smell like one too! The chocolate scent is delicious and, even after having this palette for 4 years, it still smells fantastic. The shadows are infused with cocoa powder and they’re so buttery and blendable. The shade range allows you to make matte and shimmer looks. I really like that it has your staple warm and cool toned browns with the pop of pink and purple for when you want to change it up. Overall, this is my favorite palette I own, so I’m a little biased, but I think it is a staple in every make up lover’s collection. You can get it at make up stores like Sephora and Ulta. 

For your wishlist… 

Pat McGrath Labs Mothership 1 Eyeshadow Palette-Subliminal ($125.00) 

This palette screams holiday!!! Imagine wearing the sparkling blue and gold shades on New Year’s Eve. It costs a pretty penny, but the quality and colors in this palette are beautiful. The colors are super shimmery without the fallout of glitter shades. This palette is bold and blendable. A VERY worthy investment.

For many events…

The Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette ($38.00)

If your everyday look ranges from subtle to bold, smoky to neutral, this palette is perfect for you. You can create endless looks with the wide range of shades this palette has to offer. The quality of the eyeshadow is impressive as well. Jaclyn Hill made sure to press each shade differently depending on the formula in order for it to look and function at its highest quality. With most palettes having shades all pressed the same, you know that in this palette you can trust that each shade will perform at the highest of quality.

Madison is an elementary education and literacy studies major at Rowan University. Besides writing for Hercampus and being a Hercampus Trendsetter, Madison is the president of the Eta Psi chapter of Kappa Delta Pi, vice president of Rowan's Circle K club, and an Admissions Ambassador. Her hobbies are reading, writing, painting, and drawing. Her favorite things to write about are dating, beauty, and literature.